No announcement yet.

How long till Grapefest 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because we have people travelling from here there and everywhere.......

I think we should start later in the day....

maybe arrive at 11am for 11.30 start

however people are welcome to arrive earlier if they wish and have a cuppa and chew the cud

what think ye all of this
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Happy to go with what everyone wants......just thought a later start may be beneficial to all attending...giving you time to check in to hotels etc?
      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I'm happy with this. There will still be plenty of time to get everything done, and hopefully most people will still be sober-ish at 3pm .

Personally it helps me because it allows me to get more than 3 hours' sleep before I set off.
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Thats fine by me Bob, we were going to leave about 7am, but leaving at 8am is good as it gives Mrs Solly an extra hour to put her War Paint on

Comment

• Sounds good, see you around 11 to 11.30

Comment

• We'll be there at some early hour, to either sleep on your sofa, or drink tea.

Comment

• Later start sounds good Bob - Won't have to rush my Little Chef Olympic Breakfast this year!!!

I'm planning to disappear 4pm ish to go and check in to the hotel, and then come back for the 'Social' side - will this fit in with the proposed schedule (talks etc)?

Looking forward to it!

Dave
                "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Right, fermenters sorted. Spare Sodium met plus syringe sorted. Packing/clothes sorted. Now settling down with a glass of First Cape Rose and going to finally watch the last episode of Lie to Me...........then bed!
                  "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveH View Post
                    I'm planning to disappear 4pm ish to go and check in to the hotel, and then come back for the 'Social' side - will this fit in with the proposed schedule (talks etc)?
                    EEK

educate the palate talk!!!!!!

forgot about it, thanks for the reminder...will sort it out in the am

not a prob Dave.....

do you want to check in to hotel when you arrive? maybe we can organise a lift or something?
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                      EEK

educate the palate talk!!!!!!

forgot about it, thanks for the reminder...will sort it out in the am

not a prob Dave.....

do you want to check in to hotel when you arrive? maybe we can organise a lift or something?
                      Would be great in principle Bob, unfortunately, i cant check in to the hotel until after 2pm. I'll fit in with whatever schedule you guys deem necessary. Was going to refrain from drinking (bar any tasting/sips etc) until i had driven to the hotel and left the car there. Am pretty fluid though.

As an additional, do i need to bring any money for food etc, as this hasnt been taked about, or i havent noticed!

Cake & chips would be fine by me (as Yorkshire 'Cake' ) is much better than our mashed fish cakes we get down here!

Planning to arrive hopefully around 10.30ish, traffic and Olympic Brekky permitting!

Comment

• Time to load up and get cracking ...
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                          Time to load up and get cracking ...
                          Indeed!

Comment

• Just leaving the "Sunny South" now

Comment

• Well, I don't really care what time you lot leave, drive, start, etc etc......

I just want webcam video so I can dip in and out as the day progresses (gonna have a little elderberry/sloe fest here).........

It's quite bright and sunny (if a little cool) down here on the South Coast at the moment, so hopefully it'll stop raining in Yorkshire for you lot as well......

Good luck with the day one and all......

regards

jtfb

p.s.
                              Originally posted by solly View Post
                              Just leaving the "Sunny South" now
                              Chatham/Medway area makes you a "Northerner" solly........
                              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• grapefest!

Nice sunny morning here in West Yorkshire....kampervan, koomber, Brian and Rich are here already
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X