• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Chris
    and a hearty welcome to you

regards
    bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• You up for a visit to North Wales open?
      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        You up for a visit to North Wales open?
        Sounds interesting. I have some belting scrumpy (or rather "did have" - it may have gone off by now). Other than that I can find some presentable red and white contry wines. When and where is it?
        Would one need posh bottles and pretty labels?
        You add how much sugar.....?

Comment

• Ah, just found the details on the events page.
          No room for "Driller Killer" - This was my scrumpy brew, which got it's name on account of melting my Black and Decker drill when "scratching" the apples. Replaced with a big yellow De Walt!! Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris-S View Post
            Ah, just found the details on the events page.
            No room for "Driller Killer" - This was my scrumpy brew, which got it's name on account of melting my Black and Decker drill when "scratching" the apples. Replaced with a big yellow De Walt!! Nice.
            I bet the brew is great, but that film, Driller Killer, sucked

Comment

• Hello from another newbie

Hi there

I can't believe this hobby has evaded me for so long - Now i'm at it, i'm looking forward to trying out the simpler recipes for fun and the enjoyment of creating something.

I have three on the go at the moment - a beaverdale Merlot Kit, a throw it in and see what happens Tesco grape Rose (only because the juice seems to have turned out this way; it wasn't intentional!), and an ASDA Red grape.

And that's about it really!

Comment

• Welcome Hoodlum, check out the new wine makers area there's plenty to get your skill and technique built up and very enjoyable wines too.
                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hi there Hoodlum, nice to meet you, but let me offer a warning: Once started on this hobby your home will soon be over-run with DJs, the sound of glooping airlocks will drown out conversation or the telly, and you'll spend a small fortune on wine racks.

(Well - that's what happened to me anyway )
                  Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen - The money pit has started up in earnest - 5 DJs bought, a 2 gallon fermenting bucket, and various other bits of parephenalia litter the kitchen already.

The Domestic Chief Of Staff isn't best happy as I tend to be the one in the house with "hobbies" (motorbikes, PCs, Cars, road pedal bikes, shooting, radio controlled cars etc etc etc.) and this one is encroaching on her space - the kitchen!

Trouble is, she probably won't drink the product of my labours. although the first product seems to be pink paint stripper - the result of an understanding of the chemistry, but with a "chuck it in and see" mentality with no basis in a recipe hehe.

Comment

• Hi Hoodlum and welcome,
                      I do a bit of shooting too and I always find that "paintstripper" can be tipped into bunny casserole in liberal quantities. Not tried "pink" though!

Comment

• Welcome hoolum looks like you should fit right in to this motley crowd.
                        http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Hello everyone!

Hi everyone , I've found this site through another forum when I was trying to find out where to buy grapes and I was told about grapefest.

I got back into the hobby about 6 months ago after a gap of a few years and I make wine from kits, juices, fruit and veg - whatever I fancy trying really!

I'm really keen on the grapefest idea, so I'm really hoping I can get involved with it and get some real grape wine on the go !

Comment

• damion1978
                            welcome I wish I could go to winefest good luck and enjoy your participation.
                            http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Welcome aboard Damian, grapefest is just around the corner for you....in sunny Knottingley...bring a sleeping bag

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Welcome Damian.

Watch that Bob though, before you know it you'll be a regular of the Ponty Brigade, involved in heavy drinking sessions and probably be talked in to becoming a wine judge.
                                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Working...
                                X