No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Aqua, lovely to have you back again, we really missed you. The bar wasn't the same without you!

Open the shampers and we'll celebrate
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• *opens champagne for bucks fizz, rings the local cafe to order some breakfast and settles down*

so, whats new

Comment

• Same old same old - but lots of lovely new friends!
        Let's party

Comment

• Welcome Z. Love that bumper sticker
          Let's party

Comment

• Welcome back aqua, pleased you found a different hobby to take part in, who knows maybe we can convince you to give the vintning another go eh?

good to see you back
            regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• always happy to drink it even if I've not got the time to brew atm

any *spare* rhubarb wine bottles can be given a good home

Comment

• hey all new boy.......sorta boy.....

anyway i am marc, i love beers, lagers, cider, wine... wel home brew in general lol.

i am trying to get away from chemicals so have lots of questionsl

Comment

• Greetings one and all.
                  I've been making beer now for OOOOOOHHHH about 8 months and went All Grain a few months back. I have made various batches of mead, ginger beers and of course TC of varying ABV's.
                  I now wish to gain more knowledge on the country wine side of things, as where I live in Galicia(Spain) the grape harvest is a total washout(mildew, and other fungal infections across most of northern and central Spain), which is a shame as this year I was hoping to start making my own Viño Xoven(young wine). On the flip side there are more elderberries and blackberries than I have ever seen

I recognise some of the user names here from Jims Beer Kit, and you all seem a friendly bunch, so I appoligise now for the idiotic questions that may follow

Comment

• Welcome aboard Prodigal2

good to see you here, don't worry about the questions you ask, we pride ourselves on being a friendly and tolerant bunch.

enjoy your stay

regards
                    bob
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Erb and Prodigal2, a hearty welcome to you both, and don't worry, we like questions.
                      Let's party

Comment

• hey

afternoon all.

I started dabbling with home winemaking in June. I was at a car boot sale, saw 3 demijohns for 50p and thought why not. Started with three kits, Peach, Gooseberry and Plum. 2 out of 3 were fine but the Plum is still fizzy
                        It's thanks to the Plum along with a multitude of other problems that I already recognise some of the names here, cos I've been posting to a different forum. I can admit that here cant I?
                        So far I've also made 3 or 4 gallons of good TurboCider/TurboRat. A passable kit Sauvingnon Blanc and now have 7 demijohns to play with. On the go right now are:- Beaverdale Sauvingnon Blanc kit, Youngs Peach, real plum and a runner bean. Tonight 2 more plums will be going on and in the last demijohn, either a Sainsbury Pineapple Juice quickie or I've got enough donated vine clippings for a half 'n' half vines and grape juice. Not sure which to do.

I'm finding the "bottle and wait for 6/8/12 months" thing irritating

End of transmission...

Comment

• Hi, welcome to the forum...

What's a turbo rat???

Comment

• Originally posted by Aid View Post
                            afternoon all.

I started dabbling with home winemaking in June. I was at a car boot sale, saw 3 demijohns for 50p and thought why not. Started with three kits, Peach, Gooseberry and Plum. 2 out of 3 were fine but the Plum is still fizzy
                            It's thanks to the Plum along with a multitude of other problems that I already recognise some of the names here, cos I've been posting to a different forum. I can admit that here cant I?
                            So far I've also made 3 or 4 gallons of good TurboCider/TurboRat. A passable kit Sauvingnon Blanc and now have 7 demijohns to play with. On the go right now are:- Beaverdale Sauvingnon Blanc kit, Youngs Peach, real plum and a runner bean. Tonight 2 more plums will be going on and in the last demijohn, either a Sainsbury Pineapple Juice quickie or I've got enough donated vine clippings for a half 'n' half vines and grape juice. Not sure which to do.

I'm finding the "bottle and wait for 6/8/12 months" thing irritating

End of transmission...
                            Welcome Aid, and yes it's irritating the secret is to ferment such a large amount that you can't possibly sup it, I changed from 1 gal to 5 gal batches with plenty of the cheap 5 day kits for general "quaffing" thus leaving the good stuff to mature (still easier said than done my oldest wine is only 5 months)
                            Discount Home Brew Supplies
                            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                            National Wine Judge
                            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Ben, Turbo Rat was just a minor deviation from the original turbo cider recipe and a recipe a guy gave for his version of the west country Black Rat. It's basically turbo cider with honey.

http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/cgi/...6951;start=7#7

I've since tried one batch with brewing sugar and one with honey. The honey is more rounded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                                the secret is to ferment such a large amount that you can't possibly sup it, I changed from 1 gal to 5 gal batches with plenty of the cheap 5 day kits for general "quaffing" thus leaving the good stuff to mature (still easier said than done my oldest wine is only 5 months)

Now theres a good idea... will sugest it later and see how well it goes down..

Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X