Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LO from N/E Herts

Lo, all.

I found your site via a homegrowing forum and my total experience of home brewing was some home wine/pretend liquers kits when I was but a lad twenty plus years ago ( in my 1st bedsit !). I have to say dodgy they may have been but I did produce some very tasty stuff with zero knowledge :P

Things have moved on and I now live in the countryside and keep 11 ducks (for eggs) and am a year two beginner at growing veg. This has given me the taste for all things home made and as I used to live in Herefordshire I am very fond of proper cider and perry (love perry).

I intend to start off with some dodgy cider from juice so I have something on the go, plus the old orange mead recipe from this site and hopefully press the apples from my old and fruitfull tree later in the year. I'd love to know how much juice I may get from one busy tree as I have no idea.

Basically I love a sociable forum and I love decent cider ( well most drink) so hopefully I'm on my way !

Regards Mas

wine making,winemaking,virtual, wine, circle, virtual wine, virtual wine circle,home winemaking,make wine at home,home made wine,homemade wine,winemaking blog,blog,wine blog,grape growing blog,winemaking forum,winemaking discussion forum,grape growing forum,wine kit,wine making,mead making,make mead,amateur,home made wine,wine,wine,winepress,wine press,press,wine-press,grape,grow grapes,fruit press,fermenting,fermentation,cork,trellis,trellising,home wine making,home made wine,homemade wine,vintner,wine press,homemade,fruit press,winepress,grape,vine,vineyard,growtube,grow tube,grow tubes,blue-x,trellis,trellissing,wine,cellar,bottle filler,wine making,winemaker,home made wine forum,homemade wine forum,vineyard Supply,Logic,airlock,air lock,primary fermenter,primary, secondary fermenter,bottle filler,winemaking dvd,Vineyard Sprayers,wine forum,Winemaking,Adsorption,Airlock,kit wines,mead,mead wines,making homemade wine,wine recipes,winemaking recipes,winemaking techniques,Alcohol,Alternative wine closures Home Wine Making & Grape Growing discussion forum. FREE membership, Live Cellar Web Cam, discounts to members from various suppliers and more. There are product reviews and plenty of recipes from fruit wines, grape wines, to kit wines. This site is to help others who want more information on making home made wine.

Comment

• Welcome Ian, Cellar Rat and ukmastiff (what part of Herefordshire by the way?)
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Welcome Mas, we're certainly a sociable site, but full of people who have deep knowledge and ability to impart it too, so you should feel quite at home here.
        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi Ukmastiff I just grafted some cider apple trees from cornwall & somerset , I hope I got it right ! Enjoy the home brew I hope I'll have enough peas for pea pod wine this year I used to love that

Comment

• Welcome ukmastiff, I love mastiff type dogs, especially boerboel's

Comment

• Ginger Beer ?

Originally posted by Pyrosfx View Post
              a strong alcoholic ginger beer

Hi Ian

When you say ginger beer do you mean a beer with ginger or Real Ginger beer ie from the bloby type bacteria of the Victorian era ?

Comment

• Hi all,

I found this Forum when I was looking for info on making Ribena wine. I was so impressed with it, I thought I might as well sign up.

I've been brewing for a couple of years, but I still consider myself a beginner. I mostly make Kits (both Beer and Wine) or supermarket Fruit Juice wines.

I'm thinking of trying a grape juice / twinnings fruit T-bag wine next, as described somewhere on this forum.

Happy Brewing!

Comment

• Hi ya C2H5OH, and welcome to the forum. Hope you found the info for Ribena useful - it's one of my favourites. Lovely drop of stuff,
                  Let's party

Comment

• hello all,
                    annie (from other site !!)
                    here to learn and hopefully pass on something
                    currently every thing have a rhubarb tinge in our winery due to the huge patch of rhubarbs in the garden
                    also elderberry, not keen though !
                    had a go at the turbo cider, niiiiiice !
                    ribena, again niiiiice !
                    having a go at friut beer now. yum

annie xx

Comment

• Welcome Annie, enjoy your stay
                      Discount Home Brew Supplies
                      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hi Annie we are quite nice really no really we are.
                        http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Bonjour!

I suppose I should introduce myself, seeing as you've all already been so lovely.

I currently live half in North London and half Canterbury as I'm a dirty student. I was introduced to mead a few years ago by a bunch of friends who dragged me to a LARPing event and filled me with the stuff, and ever since then I've been a big fan. My previous attempts were based solely on my father's brewing guidance from what he'd learnt in the South African army, and as such the first mead I ever made was basically moonshine. Friends still talk about it. Those that survived anyway.

This time though I will be doing things differently, just as soon as I manage to spend more than 30 minutes back in London and get things started. I'll start with the orange mead recipe which I'm sure will be yummy. Cheers!

Comment

• Perry

I made some perry last year along with my cider and the cider was ok.
                            The perry gives 'the runs' within half an hour of drinking.
                            The only thing I can blame for this is adding too much pectolase as I added enough for 5 gals but only ended up with 2 gals. Ive disposed of one of the gallons but still have one left and was wondering if there is any way of saving it... any ideas. Thanks Gordon.

Comment

• Welcome Gordon, I think a diacalm an hour before you drink this should do the trick
                              Joking aside, maybe you should try blending it with another wine, never really known of an overdose of pectolase or the side effects of that. No doubt someone here will have had a simular experience.
                              Discount Home Brew Supplies
                              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• New one on me Gordon, but Duff's advice seems sound

Couple of questions, firstly was it clear or cloudy and how much of the stuff are you drinking - perhaps that's the problem? I'm told too much beer has the same effect,

Welcome to the forum anyway, and hopefully we can be more helpful on any future problems you might have.
                                Let's party

Comment

Working...
                                X