No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi john and welcom im jay. a good wine to do is wine no1 my wife loves it so much i have started making it 5gallons at a time now. you will learn a lot here i have in about a year. their is a lot of helpfull people here.

Comment

• Hello John,

I am a root vegetable man (hence the user name), pay no attention to the anti parsnip brigade, it will make a very fine desert wine indeed!

But don't take my word for it....try it for yourself, just get them from a farm shop after there has been a good frosty cold snap (all the starch will have been converted to sugar then).

I opened a 1/2 bottle last night that is about 3 years old....nectar!
      Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• HI All Not new to wine/beer making been at it for about 40 years.
        decided to join this site after seeing Bob's invitation to the VWC

Richard G

Comment

• Welcome aboard Richard, look forward to your input, we are trying hard to build an extensive online resource of tutorials, experiments and video tutorials, and our own virtual wine circle and competition. glad to have you join in the fun.

next VWC comp is tomorrow night at 7.30pm

regards
          bob
          Last edited by lockwood1956; 21-08-2009, 04:55 PM.
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hello Richard
            Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• Now then!

stopping in to say hi, not tried a wine kit yet but have 40 pints of lager and 40 pints of bitter on the go, both Geordie kits due to a budget but coopers again next

will be asking a load of questions im sure when we get wine on the go

over in sunny bradford so fairly local to some of you

anyways will keep you updated!

Comment

• Originally posted by fitchy View Post
                stopping in to say hi, not tried a wine kit yet but have 40 pints of lager and 40 pints of bitter on the go, both Geordie kits due to a budget but coopers again next

will be asking a load of questions im sure when we get wine on the go

over in sunny bradford so fairly local to some of you

anyways will keep you updated!
                Welcome fitchy, Bradford is sure local for many...I was dragged up there & B.I.L , member 'darren' stil lives there Try a wine kit, if you don't it will be like dieing a virgin
                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Hi everyone i am Pete, better known as hedgerow a nick name the wife gave me for spending time harvesting there crops, i live now in brum but came from south warwickshire at the start, i was hood winked into going to a wine circle meeting when i was a young lad by of all people my ex deputy head master a very fanstatic guy called cyril, iam affraid i then fell down the slippery slope into home brew and apart from dealing with the hassels of a family and kids etc i have just restarted after a 4 year dry period. because i was a country boy i did a few kits but after the first 3 tins went straight in to hedgerows and have never looked back, the wife does do beer but from kits and i do the wine, and lots of it as well, most years we used to set up around 25 gallons, we used to have a lot of friends in those days !!!!, i also keep bees and several allotments so i can produce my own ingrediants sorry food
                  Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• Wel come,You sound very busy.Be sure to take a moment daily to check things out so you don't miss anything.
                    Hootus est

Comment

• Welcome fitchy not done a wine kit yet ah well before you know it there will be 5 or 6 dj bubbling away after a few weeks on the forum and you will never look back great people and great information welcome aboard it is sunny Bradford today when you've got going we might be able to swap a few bottles

Comment

• Welcome
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          Welcome fitchy not done a wine kit yet ah well before you know it there will be 5 or 6 dj bubbling away after a few weeks on the forum and you will never look back great people and great information welcome aboard it is sunny Bradford today when you've got going we might be able to swap a few bottles
                          sounds cool to me mate, although not actually a bit win drinker, the missus is though hahaha thought it might be ideal for her as she enjoys helping me with the beers i put on (although i bet i still do the work!)

Comment

• Welcome all
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi
                              I have started making wine this year. I have elderflower, gooseberry and raspberry as well as a kit merlot. Oh and i have a peach going as well. they all seem to be doing very well. I need loads of advice as I dont really understand all the "wine Jargon" I am so delighted to have found this site. I am really enjoying making wine but I would like to improve and understand what I am doing !!!!!

Comment

• Welcome Dolmac, plenty of info in the new wine makers area, with tutorials etc, enjoy your stay
                                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X