• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Dolmac
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by dolmac View Post
      I need loads of advice as I dont really understand all the "wine Jargon" I am so delighted to have found this site.

welcome aboard, as Karl says, there is lots of info in the tutorials section, and also check out the FAQ if there is a term someone uses that you dont understand.

But above all have fun and enjoy your winemaking/drinking

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• hi

Hi everyone .

I'm a complete beginner but kean to learn . have a couple of goes at making wine no 1 and was pleasantly suprised with the results .

I'm keen to learn more so will probably be posting again very soon

Thanks in advance for any help given

Comment

• Originally posted by skyblu3 View Post
          Hi everyone .

I'm a complete beginner but kean to learn . have a couple of goes at making wine no 1 and was pleasantly suprised with the results .

I'm keen to learn more so will probably be posting again very soon

Thanks in advance for any help given
          #1 wine and it's variants are the dogs danglers, and welcome to the forum
          Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• Hi

Hi my name is Ron, I've made beer since the early 70's and used to make ballon wine a lot... I want to try my hand at some craft winemaking so probably will be asking a lot of questions... I've read quite a bit so far on fruit wines and see most are pretty basic /same receipes.. I will probably start there and progress

Thanks

Comment

• Morning all! Finally got round to actually joining this forum. I'm fairly new to the wine-making lark. I started very enthusiastically in 2007 which means I now have some VERY drinkable bottles stashed away. The first attempt (meadowsweet - NEVER again) has been the only true disaster. Currently living in a 12-foot caravan on a building site and deprived of all my wine-making gear (it's in storage 500 miles away). This is unbelievably frustrating with a fruit-filled autumn approaching and access to a laden orchard... Hate to think of supplies running low and leaving all that luscious fruit to the birds (not that I've anything against birds, you understand).

Comment

• Are there any other members living on Skye or somewhere "up there"?

Comment

• Not so sure about Skye, but we do have many members from Sunny Scotland.
                  Discount Home Brew Supplies
                  Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                  Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• New to the forum...thanks for allowing me to join in. Have made wines in the past, been away for quite awhile... presently challenging the traditional cold fermentation of making traditional Sake.... Glad I'm here..hope to learn more thanks!

Well, I presently have 6-gal. aging mango, 5-gal. aging blueberry, 3-gal. aging lychee, 5-gal. (secondary) strawberry guava, 4-gal. fermenting sake, and a few aging 1-gal. jugs (2-4 years old) fruit wines.

Comment

• Welcome Joe
                      we managed get you registered in the end eh? thank you for persevering

welcome aboard
                      regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hello there.

Relatively new to winemaking (couple of years with kits ) and have moved a bit more seriously into this recently by planting my own 1 hectare vineyard. (Seyval, Solaris, Regent and Madeline Angevine) with a view to plant more in time if'n I make a half decent drop with what I've got. Still working fulltime as an IT Manger until I can wean myself away from the day job and into the vineyard (and the yet to be built winery) fulltime.

Will be importing 250k of Montepulciano in a couple of weeks and I'd like to get my hands dirty with some red wine.

So here we go

Cheers

k

Comment

• Eh mucho thanks, glad to be aboard!
                          Joe

Comment

• Welcome all
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by winemeup
                              Hello everyone,

Currently sterilising my equipment to start tomorrow. Bit worried its all going to be too complex as the guide seems a little vague (or at least assumes a fair bit of knowledge is known) but I have no idea how else to start and have no interest in the expensive kits.
                              Hello,
                              and welcome aboard, give yourself a leg up by reading the new winemaker series in this section of the forum,
                              Beginners thread, build your skills over a series of wines, a step by step guide, to better winemaking

then have a look in the downloads bit, there are some easy guides in there that will help you along the way,

the tutorial section "should" have the answer to most questions,

or the FAQ section,

and there is always the tried and trusted....post a message asking....how does this work?

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hi Paul from Lampeter, west wales.

Cider.... one attempt at 2 gallons last year went ok but I think I drunk it too soon after 8 months

wine.... 1 rasberry, 1 plum fermenting, and just picked 10lb of elderberries so am on the case with that any day now

Comment

Working...
                                X