• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ya, Rob.
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi.

My name is Chris. I have just started making some wine. Basically I had a lot of excess produce in the garden so I thought I could make something good out of some of it. I have some gooseberry wine, elderberry and blackberry, and apple and raisin wine going at the moment.

I have been following an old book which used to belong to my girlfriends grandfather. I think it was published around 1950. Which is very simple with no mention of any campden tablets, yeast nutrient and mainly uses bakers yeast. I think everybody on this forum will be thinking that these things are required. I will see how they turn out!

I have been reading large sections of this forum and think it is fantastic. I have just started the wine number 1, and will follow with the other tutorials soon.

I have a few questions mainly concerning sulphiting as my girlfriend is allergic to sodium metabisulphate, but I will post that question elsewhere!

Anyway, great site and really helpful advise.

Cheers
      Chris

Comment

• Hi, I'm Ric.

Got into wine about 4 months ago, bought 1 kit then decided I'd like a bit more control!

Currently on the go:

2 Wild plum wines
        2 Blackberry wines
        1 Strawberry wine
        1 Elderberry wine
        1 Basic Mead
        2 White grape from juice
        1 Red grape from juice
        1 Orange wine

Where possible I like to pick the fruit myself for these. Trying to grow Blueberry, Loganberry, Raspberry, Strawberry & Blackcurrent to provide free bases for wines in years to come.

Been making my way through various wine sites learning as I go, I find Jack Keller's very useful.

Currently awaiting my parents bringing back 20lbs of Greengages from their property in France for me to have a go at.

I don't actually eat fruit, I know it's bad, I just dont like the texture, decided this might be a good way to get one of my five a day
        With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Welcome Chris and Ric
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• hi all, Im bobby. 27 year old fireman living in worsley, manchester.
            just started winemaking this week with a blackberry kit. also started the no.1 tutorial of dry table wine. always fancied a go at making wine as i enjoy drinking the stuff so much. think the site is very informative and very helpful. a good site is made by good members and having a look through some posts the members on here are very helpful and experienced.
            once i have the basics i look forward to experimenting and trying to make plenty of wines and even try making cider. nice to meet you all

Comment

• Welcome Bobby, glad to have you aboard. I'm sure you've got a good sense of humour if you're a fireman, so you should fit in with everyone here!
              HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Nice to meet you too, Bobby. Welcome.
                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hey Ric, Rob and Bobby

Comment

• New member Hi

Hi all,

Names Rob,

Made wine a good few years ago and a bit of beer mainly kits for the beer,
                    thought I would give it another go looks a cool site got loads of questions,

Rob.

Comment

• Hi Rob,

Welcome, I've only been here a short time but the people here are helpful and friendly. Ask away there's a wealth of experience here.
                      With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• Cheers Ric looking forward to asking some questions ,

Regards Rob.

Comment

• Welcome aboard.....

pull up a chair
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• welcome Rob life is fun until Lockwood pulls out the naughty step.
                            http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• lol

N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
                                welcome Rob life is fun until Lockwood pulls out the naughty step.
                                .... Then the party really starts

Welcome Rob
                                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Working...
                                X