Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi and welcome
    Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• Thanks all for the warm welcome I feel at home allready,

Rob.

Comment

• Hi Rob and welcome

Where in East Yorkshire?

Cheers!!

Comment

• Greetings Rob

Comment

• Hello Everyone.

My name is Michael and I am a Manager at Beyond The Grape On-Premise Winemaking in Port Moody, BC, Canada. I look forward to chatting with the rest of you at some point.

Comment

• Hi Michael
              Welcome aboard

regards
              bob
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Good to meet you Michael
                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi Mike. I have ordered Macday labels from you I look forward to your input.
                  http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Hello All,

I'm Dale, bit new to all this message board stuff but I'm interested in wine making and cider so . . . here goes!

Comment

• Originally posted by clayhill View Post
                      Hello All,

I'm Dale, bit new to all this message board stuff but I'm interested in wine making and cider so . . . here goes!
                      Welcome to WAH Dale, most of us are pretty friendly here abouts, and some of the members even know a bit about making wines...

regards

jtfb
                      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Evening all,

Im Chris, a bit of a beer man venturing into the world of wine so ill be asking a few questions, so cheers in advance and hello!!

Comment

• Greetings Chris, welcome to the forum. Any questions you have about wine or beer making will be answered but don't be afraid to chip in where you can. A good place to start is the tutorial section, there are some simple recipes in there that make quality wine very cheaply.
                          National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Lost and wandering in ciderspace

Hello I'm Tomcat and I hve never been on a forum before,so I don't know where to go or what to expect. I have done some wine and beermaking in the distant past but Ive only recently rediscovered it.
                            What is the future of winemaking going to hold for me? How many people get addicted to the results of their hobby Is it really safe? I'd like your views.Cheers for now

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                              How many people get addicted to the results of their hobby Is it really safe? I'd like your views
                              The hobby is completely safe, as is alcohol.....some people abuse alcohol thats true, but that doesnt make alcohol unsafe, it makes some people unsafe.........

if you are an addictive personality then "perhaps" there may be issues, but otherwise, (if you are able to regulate yourself satisfactorally...) you have nothing to fear

welcome aboard

pull up a chair....

ask some more questions

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                                How many people get addicted to the results of their hobby Is it really safe? I'd like your views.Cheers for now
                                Funny question, one of which I can relate & give a positive answer, often excessive alcohol consumption can be due to boredom, this hobby gives one a time consuming---boredom reducing hobby, we often project more time and effort into making wine /beer than we do drinking it.
                                Making wines & beers at home has actually reduced my consumption due to the fact I am busy processing fruit etc for my wines/beers.
                                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X