• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Geoff
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by kingpring View Post
      I found your site while hunting for wine label templates, still haven't found any yet.
      There you go dude.....and welcome

http://www.freelabelmaker.com/index.html
      Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• Thanks

Many thanks Wuzel, Just what the Doctor ordered.
        It's nice to be important but more important to be nice!!

Comment

• welcome, geoff!
          Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
          Twitter: VirtualWineO
          Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

• Hi all

I'm Stu, I live in Bradford, I heard about this site from a friend at work. I started making my own wine last summer, I had downloaded a file that caught my eye about making 6 bottles for less than a fiver, (it helped that it stated idiot proof) from 4 litres of white grape juice and a kilo of sugar I ended up with a drinkable but potent brew, a few headaches later I tried again, a few blackberries from the woods nearby and plenty of apples from a relative's tree and I was off, apart from my foolish attempt at cucumber wine, I haven't looked back since. I liked Bob's comment on another thread about production exceeding consumption, that is now my goal, my girlfriend seems to have the opposite goal though and even the 5 day Cantina Rose kits cant keep up with the demand. She is impressed though, it's the first time I've had a hobby that has lasted more than a few weeks, rapidly becoming a passion. It's also the first hobby I've had that she gets to reap the rewards. I've read a few of the helpful guides and downloaded some of the manuals & helpsheets on this site, so thanks everyone for that.

Comment

• Hi Stu

welcome aboard the site

regards
              Bob
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Thanks Bob, nice to be here at last. I was just having a look at the GF info, it sounds like quite an event, hoping to have some fun, meet some very intersting people and learn a few things. I had a quick look at the Time Line For White Grape Wine Making thread, I can see I've got a lot to learn, I think I'm going to enjoy the next 20 years or so.

Comment

• Grapefest is great fun

(bring a sleeping bag and some paracetamol)

you will learn tons on the day
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Ey up Stu, all that time off work and nothing to do with it except make wine eh ? Hard life.
                    With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• HaHa Hi Ric, didnt want to rub it in but as you insist... it is a good time to be off, all the fruit that's in season, the nice temperatures for fermenting, just haven't got space to make as much as I'd like. What have you got on at the moment?

Comment

• Far too much, I need to have a clearout before GF. Beaverdale Shiraz ready to bottle. Next one to go is the CC Riesling. Might have to have Monday off to do some bottling.

Comment

• I've got two that have just finished fermenting this week, clearing with Bentonite that I added yesterday, it's the first time I've done it this way, how long should I leave before racking?

Comment

• Originally posted by stu254 View Post
                            I've got two that have just finished fermenting this week, clearing with Bentonite that I added yesterday, it's the first time I've done it this way, how long should I leave before racking?
                            Not sure mate, I've never used bentonite post ferment, I use it pre ferment and it settles out with the lees. Kwik Clear is the/are the finings of choice post ferment.

Comment

• How lazy am I? I haven't even searched the site for existing threads, I'm sure all the advice I need will be somewhere on here already eh?

Comment

• is it likely to be a problem using them post ferment?

Comment

Working...
                                X