Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome joesixpack

hope you enjoy your time here with us at wines at home, you will find this a very friendly place.

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Welcome, joesixpack! Dig the moniker!
      REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Great to find you

I have been brewing wine and beers for about 12 yrs, wines- mostly country types using fruit and veg from my two allotment plots:-
        Rhubarb, parsnip,carrot,elderberry,blackcurrant,marrow,and many more

Comment

• Welcome to our forum, powerspade. We sincerely hope you enjoy yourself here!
          REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Welcome aboard...

another member from South Wales

have fun

regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hi everyone

Hi, I'm new to wine making & will probably have a lot of questions. I have browsed some of the post here & it look like I have came to the right place to ask them. Thanks
              Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything,
              But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

• Welcome

It's a very friendly group, even if some of them spell funny. Queen's English and all that -- pip! pip! and a cup of tea.

Comment

• Wow! Now we even have a Hoosier in the group! Cool!

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time spent here. We might not have all the answers, but we'll head you in the right direction.
                  REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Welcome to the forum - don't worry about the daft questions, I think I ask most of them!!!

Well worthwhile asking though - my first kit wines were gorgeous and my turbo cider is as clear as a bell and busy waiting for the primed (wahey I know some lingo) bottles to go hard (!) so I can put them in the fridge to cool and enjoy!

Happy winemaking
                    Shirley
                    www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

• welcome hope you have lots of questions to ask and dont forget to post any mistakes you make as it always helps others not to make them
                      mark
                      "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

• bottles to go hard !!!! ooooerrrr mrs
                        "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

• welcome!

Comment

• Hello and welcome
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Another Newbie here!!

Hi everyone

What a great site. I'm a complete novice to winemaking, but have caught the bug this week.
                              I'm tooled up, and will start (hopefully) making my first batch of wine tomorrow. Am using a kit for my first attempt, on the advice of the kind chap that donated his demijohns to me, but can't wait to get into country wines.

Now, as mentioned, being a complete novice, can someone tell me if all demijohns are a standard 4.54 litre size, as this is what is called for according to the instructions on my kit. I know i could measure out the water to find out, but don't want to waste any.

Also, yeast. Wilko's sell wine yeast. Is this what i would use to make other alcoholic brews such as cider and ginger beer?

Thanks up front for any advice , and no doubt i'll be back soon to ask for more.

Wendle

Comment

• Hi everyone. My name is Jackie. I make mostly kit wines--the 15+ litre ones plus occasionally a fruit wine. I also make beer--actually started with beer then ventured into wines.

I live in a very rural area with my husband, two dogs and cat . There no local homebrew shops so I order everything online. Folks around here say I keep the local UPS office in business. We do live on a lake though so that makes it worth it to us.

I've been making wine/beer for going on 5 years but still have alot to learn. I'm becoming known as the "wine lady" around here. I have everyone I know saving wine bottles for me (in exchange for some filled bottles of course). I didn't have the luxury of free bottles with beer, everyone likes the domestic stuff with the twist off caps so I just had to buy good "imported "beers (imported to the US) and drink them myself.
                                Last edited by jackie; 11-08-2006, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X