No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome jackie I've been through Tennesee on the way to South Carolina for my sisters graduation from basic training in the army --- Through the smokey Mountains was very nice Alot of nice places to stop (their and Kentuky not that we did though Not realy)Unfortuantly We didn't put a day aside like we wanted to

So I was wondering whats it like where you live by I know I know rural, but is their nice forests mountains close to where your at?
    http://www.myspace.com/kramus

Comment

• Hi Jlsherman55,
      We're northwest TN (halfway between Nashville and Memphis)--no mountains or national forests here. Those are the closest cities of any real size and it's a 2+ hrs drive one way. But we live in an area with lots of trees and wildlife--deer, rac****s, foxes, of course squirrels and birds, but we also have coyotes and bobcats around. We live on Kentucky Lake so there's also ducks, geese, pelicans. We wanted to be in a natural environment after having lived in big cities for so many years. We both retired in 2000 and moved here from Tampa. We love the wildlife except what they do to our vegetable garden (I'm sure they appreciate the food we grow for them)!

Comment

• Apparently I had letters not allowed? It put ***** in place of the letters. Trying the word again---rac****s

Comment

• Hi jackie. Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time spent here. I think you are less than 200 miles from me.

Wierd! For some reason the software don't like the word '****'.
          REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Welcome to the forum, wendle. I hope you enjoy the time you spend here!
            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Hippie,
              I will be calling upon your expertise. Curt told me you were here and you would be my "muscadine man" (my wording, not his). A friend tried some blueberry wine I made and liked it so well he's asked me to make him some muscadine wine whenever he can get the muscadines. I personally don't like muscadine wine but he's a good friend and that's the only wine he really loves so I'll try it. He likes real sweet red muscadine wine. I'm trying to get educated--I don't have alot of confidence in this area since I mostly make kit wines so any recipes, tips, tricks would be appreciated. I told him it would need atleast a year, probably more to age.

Comment

• I will do what I can. In the meantime, tell him you will need some of the crop in juice to sweeten up with.
                REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Hello I'm new !!

Hello all, My name is Linda, I work as a part-time Admin Assistant but the rest of the time you can find me in the vegetable garden or the greenhouse or looking after our chickens (oh yes and there's hubby and two children )..... and I've never made wine before. I can remember my mum making wine when I was young but she got rid of all her things many years ago.

Anyway, I'm slowly collecting some bits and bobs (have managed to get loads of things off Freecycle) and am raring to go. I've just finished picking some blackberries and I've frozen these (hope thats OK to do) and I intend to do the same with elderberries.

I'm going to have a good look at this site and see what tips I can pick up.

I'm sure I'll have some questions before long.

Linda.

Comment

• welcome linda
                    glad you found your way to this forum its full of very talented wine makers who are very willing to help every one hope you enjoy it ,ive also been harvesting black berrys and my first batch of wine is almost done there are plenty of good threads on this subject
                    mark
                    "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

• Welcome Linda;

Many talented people frequent this board. I am sure you will find answers to many questions that you may have.

Take a look through the freebie section. Youu will find links to many online winemaking sites and manuals.

Freezing your fruit is actually a good thing to do before making wine. This causes the cell walls to break and release the juice more quickly at the start of the fermentation.

Pat

Comment

• Welcome Linda

Blackberry has been my most successful venture so far, although only one gallon. I now have 5 gallons going and keeping my fingers crossed. A lot of very good information here and lots of reading. You will find the most simple-minded questions are available from a beginner named -

Paul

Comment

• Welcome Linda!

No question too big or too small or too technical or too simple for this forum! If we don't know, we will find out!

Freeze all the fruit nature gives you. You might need it soon!
                          REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

• Welcome!

Comment

• Welcome aboard Linda

hope you enjoy your time here with us

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi everyone.
                                Just a little about me. 40 year old docker from Ipswich with 6 kids, 4 of my own and 2 step kids. I ride a Vespa and drink too much. I haven't made anything for about 10 years but saw a link to the turbo cider on allotments 4 all forum and thought I'd have a go. It's brewing now!
                                http://www.crashndonna.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X