X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBZ View Post
    The problem is im just too impatient and the parsnip and plum i made
    EEK

http://www.brewgenie.co.uk is in your neck of the woods...Paul (owner) will take good care of you

welcome abord
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi Bobz, great to meet you at last.

If brewgenie is not to easy to get to, try Yell.com. Just type in your postcode and 'home brewing' supplies and you should get some answers.
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hello all,

Celt here with first post.
        Just staggered over from Jims beer thingy. Between you and me, I think they are a bunch of trouble causing lager louts, drink anything from lager to petrol ! I personally have the odd tipple of aftershave, but I do have my standards you know.

Seriously tho, I only drink wine, however, at the last family party, I drank, Bitter, red wine, gin and bitter lemon, a bit more red wine, bacardi and coke, (with a slice of lime, mind you) another slurp of red, vodka and coke, (with a slice of lemon of course, and finally, a nice bottle of chianti.
        That was just while I was cooking the scouse and a nice thai green curry.
        Later on, we had champers and jack daniels and some lovely fruity merlot !

But I never overdo it, like those louts in Jims beer thingy, 'Belch'
        Whos round is it ?

Comment

• were you ill afterwards?

if you were I suspect it was the slice of lemon you added

or it may have been the sleep (sleep causes hangovers...see my theory in another thread)

welcome aboard dude

regards
          bob
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I was not ill, tho dont remember leaving, in fact, nobody remembers leaving, the hosts dont remember anyone leaving.
            I went back to my cousins and apparently fell down the stairs, and smashed a 3 foot ornamental tiger.
            Its all on video, tho I have not seen it yet.
            Mind you, I felt rough as a badgers **** the next day, so your theory on sleep may be a valid subject !
            Now how about my wine in the lager louts thread ?

Comment

• Oh my gosh, are you suing your cousin for the dangerous state of his stairs? And for leaving a perilous article in the path of innocent visitors?

Welcome to the forum and let me assure you, Health and Safety have checked the premises and there is absolutely no danger of your sustaining any injuries when you visit us.
              Let's party

Comment

• Hello Everyone

Hi I've hiding in the wings of this forum for a few days now, and picked up quite a few good tips, I thought it was about time I came out into the open to introduce myself.

I was in desparate need of a new hobby, and I dont think I have made a bad choice, I've just done a kit wine, and started a cranberry juice wine on sunday, found 2 xmas puddings hiding at the back of one of my cupboards, planning on starting a wine with them this weekend, also want to try the tea and raisin and rice and raisin.

I will be celebrating my half century birthday in June having a small family party
                Lynne

Comment

• Hi Lynne, lovely to meet you.

Perhaps I should warn you that this hobby is highly addictive so be prepared

I've made rice and raisin and it was quite nice, also the tea and raisin which wasn't Mind that might have been because I used bog standard tea, a posh tea might well turn out better, so don't let me put you off.
                  Let's party

Comment

• Welcome aboard Lynne, I can certainly recommend the Christmas pudding wine, it's a little messy but well worth it.
                    Discount Home Brew Supplies
                    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                      also want to try the tea and raisin and rice and raisin.
                      The tea and raisin can be nice, but rice and raisin tends toward nastiness

I will be celebrating my half century birthday in June
                      Get a wine No1 on the go from the new winemakers thread.......you will not be disappointed

Welcome aboard, and happy Winemaking

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Hi, my names Ash, im 19 turning 20, just starting brewing, got all the kit off my dad! im being experimental with my wines and my 1st brew is Apple & Pineapple!! hope it goes well il be sure to tell you if it does lol!

Comment

• Hi Ash
                          Welcome aboard, good luck with your new hobby!!!
                          its a great hobby and the results are outstanding!

regards
                          Bob
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Yup welcome Ash, enjoy the hobby, and be sure to check out wine number 1 in the tutorials, makes a geat easy drinking wine.
                            Discount Home Brew Supplies
                            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                            National Wine Judge
                            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Welcome Ash. I hope you enjoy yourself here and join in with questions or just fun even whenever you want.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Hi everyone, I was discussing brewing beer at work and thought i would give it a go. I also want to make some wine. I have got some equipment and a wine kit but will probably need some good advice before I start. I was going to try out the apple juice wine. Will probably be asking more questions about it at some point (e.g. where do you get apple juice with no preservatives from?). Sorry if the questions seem daft.
                                Happy brewing!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X