Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hippie View Post

there are no stupid questions !!!

well its obvious that you dont know me !!!
    I wish I was a glow worm
    Cos a glow worm's never glum
    It's hard to be unhappy
    When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

• Welcome aboard goldseal, the only stupid question is the one you never asked.
      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Welcome aboard goldseal

the wine No1 will not disappoint you

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi All

I'm Steve, I'm in the north east of hampshire.

Just got into brewing very recently, bought a country wine making kit three weeks ago and was making strawberry wine but my other half accidently threw away the instructions, and so I messed it up and it went down the sink (wish I'd found this place earlier!!!!). I started a 1 gallon batch of (turbo) cider yesterday which is bubbling away nicely. Hope to buy another demijohn at the weekend and try my hand at Wine #1 from this forum.

Comment

• Hi Steve and welcome aboard

regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Welcome Steve, don't expect too much from the turbo cider it's ok but a little rough, the wine # 1 however is very quaffable, and welcome to the forum btw.
              Discount Home Brew Supplies
              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Thanks for the welcomes, having read a few of the cider posts I see that some don't rate the turbo cider but I figure that it's an ok place to start for the first brew and if it isn't good I've only lost the price of 5 litres of AJ (£2.50) so what the hey.

Looking foreward to wine #1 but I'm having major issues with this forum!! Every recipe I read I want to make lol. Mead looks interesting so maybe that one after wine#1 or perhaps kiwi wine... dammit! too many choices

Comment

• Welcome GrillMonkey.

Just make them all, one at a time.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Hi Grillmonkey, welcome to the forum.

Why not make a wine number 1 up and chuck some Kiwi's in?

Bob will be along shortly to tell you that we get imported grapes in September as well.

Enjoy your stay.

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

• We get imported grapes in september!
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Nice to meet you, Grillmonkey.
                        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Hi Grillmonkey #1 rule is keep the other half out of the brew room unless they wish to participate All joking aside welcome.
                          http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Hello all, hope I have posted in the right place. Just joined I have been making wine and beer for only a few months and am looking forward to reading up on old posts. I have had some good results from Harris red and white kits and am just about to bottle a Merlot from Beaverdale. I have also had a some disappointments and plenty of leg pulling from the family but determined to plough on. Looking forward to learning, regards john.

Comment

• Hi John, welcome to the forum. I notice you are from Ponte, there are quite a few forum members close by, I suspect you will get roped into all sorts of stuff in the near future.

I don't do much beer (yet) but the Beaverdale Merlot should be good, it will need a month or two in the bottle but should be a cracking wine.

Enjoy reading through the posts and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Cheers

Comment

• Welcome John, plenty of leg pulling goes on here too, but all in good humour, your at the right place to get those wines at an expert level Good to see yet another Yorkshire member, Pontefract is becoming a name to be reckoned with at local comps and national lately.
                                Pull up a chair, sit and join in the happy world of winemaking
                                Last edited by Duffbeer; 20-06-2008, 09:30 AM.
                                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X