Introduce Yourselves here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
    Welcome John, plenty of leg pulling goes on here too, but all in good humour, your at the right place to get those wines at an expert leval Good to see yet another Yorkshire member, Pontefract is becoming a name to be reconed with at local comps and national lately.
    Pull up a chair, sit and join in the happy world of winemaking
    Talking of leg pulling, what's this? Bet you are on the wine again.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Heheee, sup, my spell checker failed
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• You mean the kids are in bed.

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

• Leg pulling??

When does that go on? Do you have to ask for it? I'm feeling left out...

Gurty tasting eveing tonight with a large chinese.. 1 home made, 2 bought. only 2 of us.. eek.

EDIT: And, welcome to the forum John!!

Comment

• Does the leg pulling explain why I am getting sore knees? Or could that be cause i am putting on weight mmmmmmmmm We will blame the long distance pull.

By the way things turn easier if you keep your fifthwheel greased. Welcome
            http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Welcome Fifthwheel, and regarding the above posts - we're not all mad, honest.
              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                Gurty tasting eveing tonight with a large chinese.. 1 home made, 2 bought. only 2 of us.. eek.
                I see what you mean, only 3 bottles!!!

How did yours stand up to the real thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by fifthwheel View Post
                  I have also had a some disappointments and plenty of leg pulling from the family but determined to plough on.
                  Please tell us about your disasters, we like sad stories.

Comment

• Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, and yes I will keep the fifthwheel greased!

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                      Please tell us about your disasters, we like sad stories.
                      Be honest, Richard, what you really meant is we like a good laugh!
                      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
                        To quote a song The greatest of the sadists and the masochists to screamin please it me and I'll hit you.
                        http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
                          I have had my disasters as well but yes, it's good to share.

Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
                          To quote a song The greatest of the sadists and the masochists to screamin please it me and I'll hit you.
                          Errrm, yeah, whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
                            Does the leg pulling explain why I am getting sore knees? Or could that be cause i am putting on weight mmmmmmmmm We will blame the long distance pull.

By the way things turn easier if you keep your fifthwheel greased. Welcome
                            Ha ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the "driving" reference in 5thwheels' username

Originally posted by fifthwheel View Post
                            Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, and yes I will keep the fifthwheel greased!
                            All the fitters I know say that you're supposed to grease the trailers kingpin area, not the 5th wheel

Given the username, I presume you're also a "driver" ?

If so, what/where/why etc ??? Cos I work for a local haulier down here, mostly day work/running and only tramping during holiday cover - our trampers mainly get to the midlands though they have one regular drop at Selby.

Me ? Class 1, PSV, ABC etc! Making mostly mead, but a few other seasonal fruit wines as well - with an interest in "other areas" of wine/beer/cider making as well.

Welcome to the forums. They're brilliant here. Very helpful etc.

regards

John the fatbloke!
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• my my...

I go away for a couple of days and the naughty boys are out

welcome aboard
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Er,
                                Hello
                                New brewer and vintner here.
                                So far i've made one demi john of 'Youngs medium red' and one of super charged turbo scrumpy.
                                At the moment i'm brewing my first ever 40 pints of bitter, 'Geordie best...' and some more turbo cider, but with homemade elderflower cordial in it for flavour and at little extra %-age.
                                I've managed so far to spread expolsive yeasty muck around from an overenthusiastic cider in the demi john, and learnt why i should wait before i rack something off into bottles, or maybe rack it twice. (so that i can have more than one glass of clearish cider...)
                                I'm interested in learning more about brewing and wine making from readily available ingredients, that taste nice. As i have a rather sceptical OH. This is possibly my fault for concentrating on strength rather than palatability when making some cider from windfalls a couple of years ago...
                                OH and music of choice when brewing, anything by the cult.
                                Nice to meet you all, am i in the right place?
                                Simon Of Kells
                                Last edited by KellsSimon; 30-06-2008, 10:53 AM.
                                "A wise man knows he knows nothing" Socrates.
                                Brilliant! I'm wise!

Comment

Working...
                                X