No announcement yet.

Duffbeer HBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love to be able to take one of these kits as the sound the business....unfortunately I only have one gallon DJ's as yet, still learning and don't have room for the big one's. Hopefully I will be able to take some of these next year.

Comment

• Thanks Karl, mine just arrived
      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Yay!!!
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Just nipping over to Karl's today to collect my chocolate raspberry port can't wait to get it started

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
            Just nipping over to Karl's today to collect my chocolate raspberry port can't wait to get it started
            You won't be disappointed. The process is a little more involved than most kits, but the resulting wine is superb.

Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
              Just nipping over to Karl's today to collect my chocolate raspberry port can't wait to get it started
              Ooops sorry Daz, made it and drunk it last week
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                You won't be disappointed. The process is a little more involved than most kits, but the resulting wine is superb.

We'll be able to taste yours soon enough then

Comment

• Now stocking all things beer, ok not the mashing stuff yet, but kits and all you need to ferment & dispense.
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• As promised my Limited Edition Gewurztraminer arrived today.

Thank you Karl for the personal service and the updates of the order progress at every stage.

I have never met you but it felt like I was doing business with an old friend

Looking at the instructions it says to use a 30 litre primary....is that really necessary cause I ain’t got one, surely a white is not going to be that lively.....is it?

BTW Karl I shall be looking for a good red next time.
                    Now I don’t like Bordeaux but I don’t mind Burgundy and I like Chianti and Rioja.

Any recommendations dude
                    Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• Cheers Wurz, I like to keep folks informed, nothing worse than expecting a delivery and it not turning up, or it turning up when your out
                      My Dolcetto went in a 25ltr fermenter and was fine, suppose they're being cautious in case of a foamer.

WE Original Series which are simular in quality to the Limited Edition do a Chianti £65.95 or slightly upmarket Selection International Rioja £67.95 or a slightly cheaper Vintners Reserve Bourgeron Rouge £46.50 and of course I always stock the beaverdale Rioja.

Enjoy the Gewurztraminer
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post

Enjoy the Gewurztraminer
                        Sure I will.....only just noticed that it has wurz in the middle....weird!!!!
                        Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• Chocolate raspberry port. I started the ferment today it says in the instructions initial sg should be between 1128 and 1134 my hydrometer only goes up to 1120 and i think by looking at it the sg is about 1124 is this ok or should i make adjustments

Comment

• Have you given it a REALLY good stir? Mine was around the 1130 mark I think.
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• I have given it a good stir but will give it another really good stir and then get back goldseal no problem thanks

Comment

• Thanks for that goldseal my hydrometer only goes to 1120 but i can see that its at least 1130 if not 1132 after a good old stir i was getting a little worried cheers I can't mess this one up its for the oh 40th next year

Comment

Working...
                                X