Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ey up

Do you still have any left?

Noma aren't my favourite, however for the price....

If you had say, 200?
    Last edited by ukric; 03-06-2011, 03:41 PM. Reason: iPhone auto correct fail :(
    With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by ukric View Post
      Ey up

Do you still have any left?

Noma aren't my favourite, however for the price....

If you had say, 200?
      Yup. I also have synthetic molded, real cork (composite middle - laminated real ends) and norma black.
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Wow...you are selling all sorts now

could I please have some orange peel and 20 hamster and spinster flavour tea bags please?
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I thought it was a lump of coal naughty boys got Bob?? :P

Okie doke, will send you a pm shortly
          With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Aren't lumps of coal left out for Santa Claus?
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Or did I dream that?
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Nearly correct Bob, though Father Christmas will have been and gone (if you've been a good boy)
                The lump of coal is brought into the house by the first "visitor" of the new year. "First Footing"
                It was always my Dad, went outside just before midnight on New Years Eve and came back in, clutching a piece of coal, just after the clock struck Midnight.
                Something to do with all ways having fuel in the home.

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                  Nearly correct Bob, though Father Christmas will have been and gone (if you've been a good boy)
                  The lump of coal is brought into the house by the first "visitor" of the new year. "First Footing"
                  It was always my Dad, went outside just before midnight on New Years Eve and came back in, clutching a piece of coal, just after the clock struck Midnight.
                  Something to do with all ways having fuel in the home.
                  Almost right.

The first person to cross the threshold at Hogmanay brings all the luck, good or bad, for the year ahead. And, to follow in tradition they have to fulfill certain criteria. He has to be male, tall, dark and handsome. He cannot be a doctor, minister or grave-digger (!) - oh, and your first footer cannot have eyebrows that meet in the middle! He must bring with him a piece of coal, and silver (used to be a sixpence). The reason for this is that the tall dark stranger brings luck into the house, the coal means warmth throughout the coming year and the silver means the household will not be short of money for that year. Being a First Footer is great because tradition dictates that the man can claim a kiss from every lady in the place!

Comment

Working...
                  X