No announcement yet.

Rose hips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agreed with varieties this is my first year making wines, so foraging is new to me, I have decided to keep a book of elderberry and rosehips to remind me where all the trees and bushes are as some of the edlerberries were almost like black currents and others much smaller and ripen earlier, so maye a good idea to take pictures of the blossom when they flower then match the varieties would make good labels for the bottles as well I think

Comment

i keep a book in the car with location of, or directions to, foraging spots. i have a neat fun generic label for my wine, but i like your idea of piccies for labels.
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

would you go to the extent of pruning foraging spots as well as put fruit within reach also to encourage more growth, something I'm going to do this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulwales View Post
          would you go to the extent of pruning foraging spots as well as put fruit within reach also to encourage more growth, something I'm going to do this winter.
          Most certainly
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

and there was me thinking was I just being OTT as normal

Comment

Working...
            X