Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bums i forgot the pic!
    Attached Files
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Looks to be still fermenting. I would leave be for now.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Insanity!

It seems to have a set of rules all of its own.

Nia xxx

Comment

Day 17

Racked into clean DJ through a mesh bag and its settling down nicely. Still fermenting and the SG is 0.990. I topped up with left over pear and sultana wine and a little boiled water. Now i like dry wine so do i stop this ferment now?

Nia xx

Comment

It is most likely done. What you are seeing is most likely some outgassing from the racking. You did good. Just keep topped up, check SG again in a week. If for sure done, rack with stabilizers when it accumulates alot more lees at the bottom, then top up well and let sit cool and dark for a few weeks to clear.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
              It is most likely done. What you are seeing is most likely some outgassing from the racking. You did good. Just keep topped up, check SG again in a week. If for sure done, rack with stabilizers when it accumulates alot more lees at the bottom, then top up well and let sit cool and dark for a few weeks to clear.

Just another comment along with Hippies suggestion. The degas process is another process that we use at the next racking. You can do this along with sulphiting, fining and stabilizers as Hippie said. You will also have to rack again and top up after all the lees etc have settled out from the degas and fining process. Don't worry about the dry wine - you will be able to leave it as is or sweeten (back-sweeten) just before bottling. Cheers Daw

Comment

After all this i hope its a nice wine. I had a spare carton so i cobbled together that with apple juice and 1/'2 a pineapple today. Learnt a massive lesson today. Make sure the sugar is properly dissolved b4 taking a SG reading cos i've ended up with a SG of 1.110. Thought it was 1.090 till i stirred it proper. oops!
                Probably will use that high alcohol yeast i bought in that then

Nia xxx

Comment

There is always something new to learn in this hobby. Next time use some hot water (not boiling) to dissolve the sugar in and then mix it in with the fruit. Let cool for 12 hours to room temperature and then carry on with the rest of the process. Your SG will be correct when you measure just before pitching the yeast. Daw

Comment

We live and learn ehh stocky!

Comment

Nia... What does your original taste like ??

Carole
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

i've had a small lick off the end of the hydrometer and its dry and almost like grapefruit.

Right up my street but maybe not others

Nia xx

Comment

Originally posted by Cariad66 View Post
                          And thats all that matters innit
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Cariad66 View Post
                            i've had a small lick off the end of the hydrometer and its dry and almost like grapefruit.

Nia xx
                            Oooohhh ... Sounds like my sort of drink
                            Might have to try this next

Comment

Well here she is all done and in a glass..Not the best piccy cos in reality its clear as a clear thing. Tastes like no other wine i've ever tasted. Its light and crisp and more like a grapefruit breezer if there was a thing. It's a lovely sharp refreshing taste. This one was with 2 cartons of guava and 1 apple juice if i remeber right. I have done another with pineapple and white grape. I got 3 cartons left and i'm gutted i didnt get more! Never mind i'm going to have a bash at the mango next

Cheers

Nia xxx
                              *HIC*
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looks gooooood

I just got back from Tesco's and had a quick look for it again... but they didn't have any at all

I will keep a look out for it though... as it does sound like my sort of tipple.

Carole

Comment

Working...
                                X