Coconut wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut wine

Whilst in Tescos today I noticed some cartons of Rubicon coconut water.They are not from concentrate,and contain no artificial colourings,flavourings,preservatives or sweeteners.The ingredients are listed as 98% coconut water,fructose.
    They are only 250ml cartons and cost 45p.
    Would it be possible to make a wine from these and would you be able to dilute with water?
    Thanks.
    Area reserved for intelligent comments......

I am sorry, but I wouldn't suggest you do that, as coconut has a lot of oil in it, and it would likely become rancid during the fermentation process.
    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Originally posted by ukmike99 View Post
      Whilst in Tescos today I noticed some cartons of Rubicon coconut water.They are not from concentrate,and contain no artificial colourings,flavourings,preservatives or sweeteners.The ingredients are listed as 98% coconut water,fructose.
      They are only 250ml cartons and cost 45p.
      Would it be possible to make a wine from these and would you be able to dilute with water?
      Thanks.
      There are three types of Coconut water's being sold in the stores. Coconut Cream, Coconut Milk and Coconut water. The oils in the coconut cream and milk will not ferment and may (likely) go rancid and also you would have little drops of coconut oils floating on the top. However the coconut water (young coconut juice) works very well; I have used it in my Pineapple/Coconut wine and the Tropical fruit/Coconut - Spice Mead. It works very well - great flavor of coconut in these two efforts - pineapple is excellent with coconut. Try a little coco not flavor enhancement just before bottling if you like extra coconut flavor and aroma. Make sure it is the young coconut water and not the coconut cream or milk. Cheers Daw

Comment

It`s definately coconut water.Would I be able to dilute it say 1;1 with water as it would work out quite expensive for 4.5 litres at 45p a 250ml carton.
        Area reserved for intelligent comments......

Comment

Originally posted by ukmike99 View Post
          It`s definately coconut water.Would I be able to dilute it say 1;1 with water as it would work out quite expensive for 4.5 litres at 45p a 250ml carton.

My suggestion would be an unsweetened pineapple juice or fresh pineapple. These two flavors go very well together. I believe my recipe is somwhere on the forum. Cheers Daw

Comment

Working...
          X