Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Timer

Hi,
    Been reading the site for a few weeks now & decided to try some wine made from grape juice tonight, I've made some Beaverdale Kits, a few lager kits & also a load of Turbo Cider but really fancy this if it works out ok.
    How long does this usually take from making to drinking & when will I know when fermenting has stopped.
    Thanks
    Colin

Hi Colin

follow the directions in wine No1 tutorial, and you should be drinking the wine in 35 to 38 days.

You have a hydrometer right?

if you haven't got one, then you must get one. You will know when the ferment is finished by using your hydrometer. We are looking for SG to be at 0.990, (or under 1.000 and showing the same SG for three days in a row)

regards
    Bob
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 14-02-2008, 02:20 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Hi,
      Yes I've got one thanks.
      Can any juice that has no artificial sugars in it be turned in to some sort of wine?

Comment

Also should not contain sorbate, sorbic acid, sorbitol, etc.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Originally posted by meikle View Post
          Hi,
          Yes I've got one thanks.
          Can any juice that has no artificial sugars in it be turned in to some sort of wine?
          Usually yes but as Hippie above just check the ingredients for preservatives etc.
          Discount Home Brew Supplies
          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
            Usually yes but as Hippie above just check the ingredients for preservatives etc.

Just a small note; also if you are using dried fruit it also can have the sorbate as a preservative and therefore the dried fruit requires a good wash (Soak) and rinse many times before use. Also some fruits like raisins dates may have used some oils to try and keep the fruits from sticking together. These also require a good wash and rinse. Cheers good luck on your home wine making journey. Daw

Comment

Working...
            X