weak wine , grew in strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weak wine , grew in strength

David ,early on in my wine making adventure I had a must of grapes pressed at the store that I fermented and wrote that the wine was weak and lacked body. Well I tried some today. Tasted good and has the alcohol content as well , however still rose in color due to not having the skins.As a first timer I am pleased with the result, and have a second batch under way this time crushing the grapes myself.Again thanks to all who helped with the questions .

Kodiak

I always find it amazing how much and how quickly the wine can change character, Im getting much better at leaving the wine longer before drinking, and it's paying dividends.
    Nice to hear your batch has turned out tasty for you

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Glad it all turned out ok in the end

Comment

Thanks Bob!I don't put any chemicals in my wine how long would you say it would stay drinkable?

Comment

no chemicals

Kodiak, if the wine is bottled fully dry, SG.990-.995, drink it within a year or 2 without added sulphite. sulphite is a natural product of fermentation, but not usually at longterm storage levels. If you sweetened the wine before bottling and did not use sorbate with sulphite, expect popping corks or bursting bottles!
          REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Thanks, Hippie. I don't sweeten so I should be o.k. for at least a year! cheers
            Kodiak

Comment

Working...
            X