Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscat Kit?

Hi,

I have been searching for a Muscat 1 gallon kit to appease the other half after my rhubarb and raisin coated the kitchen (yes I have learnt from the mistake )

The only kit I could see was Grande Maison Reserve. All the online stockists I tried either didn't do it or had no stock and when I went to the local HBS he said he couldn't get any either.

I know the Muscat is a dessert wine that would be greatly appreciated but HBS suggested sweetening after stabilising.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated as to availability of a muscat kit in the UK or even a dry wine kit that could be sweetened.

Thanks,

Andy

Vina (who make grand maison) have gone out of business

Beaverdale also make 1 gallon kits, not sure of they have a muscat kit in their range though.

maybe a sauvignon blanc kit would sweeten well?

Vineco do an ice wine kit that is really nice.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Riesling might be another option for sweetening.
      Steve

Comment

Cheers for the suggestions. Will be ordering a California Connoisseur Riesling over the weekend, I have tried the Liebfraumilch and the Barolo before, comes with some nice labels as well.

Not going to rush though, got no space yet. Maybe that's the real reason for the upset

Comment

I've just started a California Connoisseur Riesling, it's in the primary now!

Hopefully it'll be nice. I've had some good reds from them, a merlot and a rioja. Also done a pinot grigio, and a sauv blanc. Both the whites are still very young, and taste pretty much the same..

Might try sweetening the rielsing myself..

Rich

Comment

Update: I think I've got the last Grand Maison Muscat 1 gallon kit from Hop and Grape, can't wait to get it started

Comment

Working...
            X