Shocked and Stunned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocked and Stunned

Yesterday, I visited a friend, who has just recently had a baby.
    Because she was pregnant, she could not sample any of the wines that I had previously made.. so I hadn't previoulsy taken any up to her... I thought it was best to wait until she had the baby.
    I took her 3 bottles. One of the original Apple recipe, wine number one, the pineapple one, and the original wine number two.

This is where the shockedness, and stunnedness starts....
    I took the wines out of the bag, and her partner, in a total look of disbelief said, in a jovial way, "No way have you made that... You must have steamed the labels off of Tesco's wine and put your own on"
    We had a bit of light banter about it.. but he still wasn't convinced. My friend totally believed me at this point.
    I ended up staying for dinner... and the Apple wine was served with the meal.
    The cork was examined throughly for the word "Tesco"
    My friend after tasting the wine then said "Did you really make this ??"
    So then I had to go through the whole banter thing again

I was a good feeling actually....
    So Thankyou Bob for posting the recipe...
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Well done you!

One of my favorite memories is wiping the smug (wine snob) grin off my brothers face with a cheap elderflower kit.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Isnt this hobby just great?
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Brilliant Carole.

I just hope mine turn out as good as yours.

I'm going to have to make a seperate shopping budget to take account of the increasing number of fruit juices I seem to be buying at the minute.

Have you tried any Turbo Cider yet?

Comment

Richard... Yes.. When my friend asked if I had made it after tasting it, and I said, of course.. I had the raised eyebrow look. I asked her what she thought it tasted like... She said a shop bought wine. Her partner... who doesn't drink wine, and didn't taste it, was harping on about Tesco's again.
          He has now been invited to my house for the next bottling frenzy

Bob... Indeedy ... Its a fab hobby

Sharon... No, I haven't tried the cider yet. I do quite like a glass of cider of a summer evening... But tonight I will be sampling Wine number 2 with some friends, so if that goes down well, I may skip making the cider and just go for making more of the rose...
          Ahhhh ... A lovely chilled glass of rose of a summer evening.. What more could you possibly want

Comment

Originally posted by spritzer View Post
            Ahhhh ... A lovely chilled glass of rose of a summer evening.. What more could you possibly want
            Two plus glasses of Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by sb44 View Post
              Two plus glasses of Rose.

Make that 2 bottles of Rosé wine, on a sunny afternoon! That's my kind of lazy day!!

Comment

Wonderful story and the kind we love to read !

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Well, the Rose went down very well.
                  Loved by all.

I didn't back sweeten it though, as I prefer a dryer wine. It was lovely and crisp. It is stunning chilled.

I actually made two batches. One with grape juice form Lidl, the other had grape juice from Tesco. So I will try the other variety, at the weekend to see which one I prefer.

Carole

Comment

Working...
                  X