Our local homebrew shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our local homebrew shop

Visited our local shop in Wakefield this weekend to find they were having a tasting day with some very nice wines and beers to sample
    Wish i had known beforehand or i would have caught the bus
    But it was great to see it busy, maybe some other forum members where also there???
    Do your local homebrew shops have days like these?

We at BrewGenie have had tasting days and find them to be a real help. We have them particulary when a new range of kits are available or when we open a new store and we mailshot all our known customers and invite them along together with a manufacturer and although the day is extremely hard work it can be very enjoyable for us, the customers and the accountant!
    I'd be interested to hear the opinions of customers who have attended such events at any hbs and what they themselves gain from the day.
    www.brewgenie.com

Comment

Hmmmm

I think we need an upcoming events calendar

Paul...please be sure to let us know when the next one is. be nice to come and meet you and some of the forum bods near you
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

There we go

upcoming events list at foot of forum index page..............

if anyone wants to add an event then add it using the calendar at the top of the page

hurrah something else new

cheers me dears
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Hi travman, is your local shop in Wakefield, the one next to Fernadez bar, or is there another one in wakefield which i don't know about. Sorry to hear that i missed a tasting session there, last week. I called in yesterday for some corks. The lady who runs the shop is very helpful, we bought a kit to make some cherry brandy awhile ago, and she brought out samples of loads of different kit liqueurs for us to taste.
          Ruthie

Comment

OK someone needs to get them to become members here then!

any volunteers?
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Hi Ruthie
              Yes it is M & D home brew inc' fernandes brewery in the malt house.
              I find it a good helpful store plus they do thier own brewing of beers and wines which you can order by the barrel if you wish.

Comment

Hi everyone,

If anyone journeys as far south as Windsor, Berks please feel free to pop in as we have our own samples of most of the WE wine kits and we give tastings every day. Most of our samples are reasonably aged too.
                I'm afraid it's only the wines though as we don't do beer.

Regards,

ian
                Ian&Pat
                www.grapeinventions.co.uk

Comment

Sounds good to me, is there a limit on how many times you can sample?

Comment

Working...
                  X