How long do Wine No1s keep for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do Wine No1s keep for?

My neighbour was telling me about the times that they made wine years ago. She said some don't keep for too long and I was wondering how long No 1 wine can be kept for before it starts to deteriorate. Obviously a lot of wines mature through the years but wasn't sure about this one.

Wine no1 is a quick drinking wine, designed to be drunk within 6 months, but kept for a year maximum. But it could be kept longer if you got the sulphite levels right, but like most white wines they are best drunk as early as they are ready to drink, and not aged.

regards
    bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      Wine no1 is a quick drinking wine, designed to be drunk within 6 months, but kept for a year maximum. But it could be kept longer if you got the sulphite levels right, but like most white wines they are best drunk as early as they are ready to drink, and not aged.

regards
      bob
      Thanks Bob, does this also apply to No2 wines?

Not that I have made any of that yet, maybe I will give it a go at the weekend.

Comment

No wines last much more than a couple of weeks in my house although i do have a lot of wine on the go at the moment i might have to stretch it to 3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by sb44 View Post
          Thanks Bob, does this also apply to No2 wines?

Not that I have made any of that yet, maybe I will give it a go at the weekend.
          think of it as whites and rose's being short term, and (some) reds for ageing, but normally (most) home made wines are drunk within two years.

some are exceptions to this rule, elderberry for example improves massively with age.....Raisin wine and parsnip wine need longer because they taste like cat pee early
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            think of it as whites and rose's being short term, and (some) reds for ageing, but normally (most) home made wines are drunk within two years.

some are exceptions to this rule, elderberry for example improves massively with age.....Raisin wine and parsnip wine need longer because they taste like cat pee early
            My husband says he doesn't know what I am worrying about as it won't be around long enough to ruin!

Comment

Originally posted by sb44 View Post
              My husband says he doesn't know what I am worrying about as it won't be around long enough to ruin!

Sounds like you have a good man always thinking about helping you progress your hobby pat him on the back for me please.
              http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
                Sounds like you have a good man always thinking about helping you progress your hobby pat him on the back for me please.
                Will do!

Comment

I have elderberry wine that has been in the bottle for three years now and is still not ready to drink.

Not sure it ever will be either!!!!
                  Boo

Comment

Elderberry always comes around....just sometimes takes a loooooooooooooong time
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I intend to drink my wine as soon as it's bottled lol

Thats why i'm planning on always having some in rotation, So when one batch is finished theres another one or 2 still fermenting

Comment

Working...
                      X