New to the diy's of wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the diy's of wine

My wine fights for space between hubbies tools and amplifier. Am an absolute beginner and find the forums so useful with the amount of info…
    – saw that someone used brown sugar instead of white? (‘back home’ white sugar is too expensive). Also, what do you think of the Conical Fermenter which seems to be advertised here and there– expensive but seems easier to use??

Hi from one newbie to another, new to the forum that is

Originally posted by wino View Post
    Also, what do you think of the Conical Fermenter which seems to be advertised here and there– expensive but seems easier to use??
    £180....yes expensive indeed!

Mind you the way my backs getting when I can no longer lift a 5 gal fermenter up onto a work surface I may have to get one lol

BTW wino I don't think you should have posted in this section so don't be suprised if admin move it to the general section lol
    Last edited by wurzel; 08-07-2008, 02:14 PM. Reason: seemed like a good idea
    Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, wino and wurzel !

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Welcome aboard Wino and Wurzel

pull up a chair...pop a cork

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Welcome Wino, I too am an absolute beginner. These guys are awesome at giving advice. An thankfully a much uttered phrase around this forum is "the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask"

Welcome Wurzel, hopefully you'll be able to advice me on my wine making issues in the future

Comment

Originally posted by GrillMonkey View Post
            Welcome Wino, I too am an absolute beginner. These guys are awesome at giving advice. An thankfully a much uttered phrase around this forum is "the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask"

Welcome Wurzel, hopefully you'll be able to advice me on my wine making issues in the future
            Will if I can!

And thanks for the welcome guys
            Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

A warm welcome to you both, looking forward to getting to know you better
              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

BTW wino I don't think you should have posted in this section so don't be suprised if admin move it to the general section lol[/QUOTE]

Hee hee had to start a thread somewhere!otherwise i would have been stitched up... cheers newbie to newbie

Comment

Originally posted by wino View Post
                  Hee hee had to start a thread somewhere!otherwise i would have been stitched up...
                  ??????
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

much appreciated, thank you all

Comment

I am lost also.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                        I am lost also.

I was born that way
                        Hootus est

Comment

Working...
                        X