tea bag wine query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tea bag wine query

Hi all,i made a tea bag wine a few weeks ago, it was a Raspberry, Cranberry and Elderflower twinnings, i used 20 tea bags(a box) and followed duffs recipe, upon tasting the wine i found it very fruity (much more than i expected) and with no bite but very much like alcholic pop, it was fermented out to a dry but dosnt taste dry, i must add that is fully degassed with no sparkly taste, just very fruity lol
    Could this be anything to do with lack of acid? i ask as there is no bite at all, this is my first attempt with the teabag brew so dont know any different.
    All comments appreciated.

Edit, would it pay to pour a glass or two and add a little acid? , i have tartric and citric??
    Thanks
    Alan
    Last edited by alan66; 30-10-2008, 10:01 PM.

Give each acid a try and see which you prefer.

Just be sure not to over do it.

Comment

Originally posted by P cuthbert View Post
      Give each acid a try and see which you prefer.

Just be sure not to over do it.
      Thanks for the advice..
      Woops i think i put this in the wrong section

Alan

Comment

I sometimes post stuff in the wrong place as well, I have moved this to the General Winemaking area.
        National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
          I sometimes post stuff in the wrong place as well, I have moved this to the General Winemaking area.
          Thank you kind sir

Well i tried both acids and it did give a little bite, prob better with the citric, but still not to my taste, i have never had a wine that tasted so fruity

Comment

Working...
          X