Question re Blackberry Second Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re Blackberry Second Run

I've just decided on a whim to do a second run on the blackberry wine that I've just transferred to a DJ.

I've not tried it before, but the fruit left smells so yummy and still has so much colour, I thought I'd try an experiment and see what happens.

My question is:

Do I add more pectolase etc etc as I did to the original batch, or add a reduced amount or none?

I've added an extra 1lb of fruit just for luck, and the SG is currently 1080
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Add some more pectolase, as you've added more fruit, it won't do any harm.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Dont forget you will need extra nutrient...
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Yep to both of you, you've echoed what I thought, thanks.
        HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Hmmmm
          A second run with the fruit ??

I might have to try that too with the Port I have going....
          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

You could always add more fruit or some red grape juice to the old fruit like I did, and hopefully get a nice enough red wine from it.

I'll report back how the blackberry goes, but it seemed worth a try IMHO, and it still smells pretty good!
            HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
              You could always add more fruit or some red grape juice to the old fruit like I did, and hopefully get a nice enough red wine from it.

I'll report back how the blackberry goes, but it seemed worth a try IMHO, and it still smells pretty good!

Thanks Lushie for the idea
              I do still have a couple of kilos of elderberries in the freezer...
              And I also have a couple of tins of blackberries/blackcurrants that are waiting to be promoted to a DJ

I will wait and see how the existing fruit is at the end of its 7 days in the primary
              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

I went to a local superstore type place today, (Downtown Garden Superstore just off the A1 at Gonerby Moor junction for any locals!) I was actually looking for small Xmas gifts as I'm doing hampers for friends this year with a selection of home made produce, ie wines, fruit liquers and chutneys, and I want to put in some "posh" sweets too.

Anyway, while walking around, I noticed that they sell frozen fruit... it's in HUGE freezers, that you just dig into with a scoop (Like pick n mix) and they've got loads of stuff; melon, raspberries, blackcurrants, rhubarb, black cherries, apples, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries - you name it, they've got it! It's about £3.99 a kilo, but if you're adding it to stuff that you've already got, it still makes a reasonably cheap wine.

I'm going to be soooo spoilt for stuff to make now!
                HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Working...
                X