insulating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insulating

as im brewing in the spare room which we dont heat,would my demis like to be wrapped in bubblewrap or fleece?would this help with a constant temperature?
    Abingdon-on-thames..learning by my mistakes !!

Deepends really on how low the temperature is. If it's too cold you will have difficulties with keeping the yeast active.

You can get proper heating belts and pads, but I found a 3 tray seed propogator just as good and it takes 6 demijohns. I put a thickish layer of newspaper on the bottom of it so the wines didn't get to hot, and it worked a treat.
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

cheers mam but thats not an option as im using pet demis,i might make a sleeve up cant do any harm.
      Abingdon-on-thames..learning by my mistakes !!

Comment

What temp is the room? or, more importantly, what temp is the wine that is brewing. It can make it's own heat to some extent whilst brewing so make sure it doesn't get too hot if you cover it up.

I use a mixture of a normal thermometer and the stick on ones on the outside of the demi.

I'd thought that the PET dj's would be k on a seed heater tray, as they don't get that warm, especially using some newspaper as Mamgi suggests. Heater tray with some insulation round the DJ should see them going a treat!!

Comment

Originally posted by steveb View Post
          cheers mam but thats not an option as im using pet demis,i might make a sleeve up cant do any harm.
          Yep, I use PET DJs and have no trouble. That's what the newspaper's for.
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Working...
          X