Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendations required

Hi all,

I have been given the thumbs up to make my last brew/s before xmas (as were geting ready to move house between now and january) and i want to get the most out of what i have with regards supplies,lol and have just tomorow (sunday) to put these ingredients together and make as much quaffable wine as possible.

I have
    8 tins of lychees in light syrup
    1 500g tinned plums in syrup
    3 ltrs welchs grape, pear and apple juice
    3 ltrs pure white grape juice
    2 ltrs delmonte pure orange juice
    6lb bananas
    1lb raisins
    6 kilo sugar (but could get more if needed)

So i have a deadline and would realy appreciate any sugestions

Regards

Alan
    Last edited by alan66; 08-11-2008, 06:14 PM.

Make an Alan special and chuck em all in together for a 5 gal batch, apart from the bananas...eat them whilst preparing the rest.. oh and the sugar...golden rule...hydrometer.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
      Make an Alan special and chuck em all in together for a 5 gal batch, apart from the bananas...eat them whilst preparing the rest.. oh and the sugar...golden rule...hydrometer.

Sounds like a plan
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Well, if it was me and I had most things in tins, I would leave it as is - much easier to move than DJs full of liquid..

However, I have made CJJJBerry's banana wine and I quite liked it.

It asks for 4lb bananas and half a pound of skins, (but I left them out, didn't like the sound of it actually). In addition you need 100ml WGC, 1 lemon, 1 orange, and amylaze, as well as the usual yeast etc. Berry states 3lb sugar as usual, but I'm sure you know to go by your hydrometer.

This will look like a disgusting mess after a couple of days but, trust me, it's a really nice wine, bit OTT with the banana if you drink it young, but if you let it age for a year - WOW!
        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
          Haha, you trying to say somthin duff? lol

Originally posted by spritzer View Post
          Sounds like a plan
          Plans dont always turn out as expected

Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
          Well, if it was me and I had most things in tins, I would leave it as is - much easier to move than DJs full of liquid..

However, I have made CJJJBerry's banana wine and I quite liked it.

It asks for 4lb bananas and half a pound of skins, (but I left them out, didn't like the sound of it actually). In addition you need 100ml WGC, 1 lemon, 1 orange, and amylaze, as well as the usual yeast etc. Berry states 3lb sugar as usual, but I'm sure you know to go by your hydrometer.

This will look like a disgusting mess after a couple of days but, trust me, it's a really nice wine, bit OTT with the banana if you drink it young, but if you let it age for a year - WOW!
          And last but far from least , i have made lots of wine/recipes with banana and like you say it does transform with age.
          The idea/plan is to make possibly 4 gallon of lychee (unless anyone has other ideas/proven recipes) that i can put togetther with the ingredients mentioned.

So, lets say 4 gallon lychee (slightly changed from richs recipe)
          2 gallon banana
          and possibly an alan special? lol

Thanks for feedback and would appreciate more

Alan

Comment

Working...
          X