chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chocolate

does anybody have any chocolate wine recipes, i have tasted chocolate rum from cuba and it was very good, hence the request.
    i have read "Duff's" recipe but that uses a chocolate drink powder and i can't stand the smell of that, sorry.
    i was hopeing something that used real chocolate
    ta in advance
    Last edited by rantan; 10-11-2008, 12:53 PM.
    Pesky Pensioner, gets to the fruit before whiney workers. ook

Hmm - a poser.

My thinking on this is you'd have to get hold of some unadulterated cocoa solids from which chocolate per se is made. Once the chocolate has gone through the manufactoring process it wouldn't be soluble and all you'd get would be lumps with very little taste imparted.

Maybe plain cocoa powder would do the trick, (or you could try smelling various brands of drinking chocolate till you found one you liked.)
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

i think your right i may have to go the cocoa powder route, any suggestions, or should i use "Duff's" recipe but with cocoa
      Pesky Pensioner, gets to the fruit before whiney workers. ook

Comment

We give hot chocolate to the clients in work and its galaxy...smells amazing but i'm sure its one of those you dont have to add milk to so i presume its in there all ready..not sure what affect that will have on the wine?
        Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

you "could" also try grating some dark chocolate in there and see what happens
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
          X