Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Jelly

Has anyone made wine jelly?

It's something we came across in Chinon a few years ago.

Really good with cold meat.

From a really old post ...

Wine Jelly 11/13/2003 9:17:31 PM
    Author : John Y. OK so you like wine.That means you probably enjoy a little jelly on a cracker now and then. I had been searching my cookbooks looking for a recipe for a wine jelly that was not boiled when this one surfaced. You need a double boiler. Get a good amount of water in the bottom of the boiler boiling briskly. Add to the top 2 cups of your chosen wine and 3 cups of sugar. Heat this mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved (about 3-4 minutes). Then remove the double boiler from the heat source leaving the wine/sugar mixture over the hot water. Immediately add 1/2 package of Certo liquid (1 pouch) and stir thoroughly. Pour into 4 sterilized 1 cup size mason jars and seal. This jelly is excellent with all the taste and wallop of the original wine. I tried two batches, one with a sweet sherry and the other was an amarone. Definitely a ``Do Again``

#2 Author : febe 12/13/2003 10:12:34 AM
    John, I tried your recipe, WOW it is good. I had never heard of wine jelly before, did it with a raspberry white zinfandel and it turned out great. I’m going to try it with other kind , red and white, these will make nice hostess gifts for Christmas. thanks for sharing your recipe.
    We have done this with excellent results. My daughter-in-law loved the Blackberry Merlot wine jelly. Make sure that you use Certo, when we tried another brand it did not set properly.

Thank you to John Y (whoever he is) for the recipe.

Steve
    the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
    "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

Thanks for that.

I'll use 250ml as a cup, just need to remember where I've put our double boiler.

Comment

We'll probably make some as Chrismas presents again this year.

Steve
        the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
        "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

Working...
        X