Free Label Design Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Label Design Software

I've always used Avery Sticky Labels 6 to a sheet for my bottles, while on their site over the weekend I found they have very good free software for label design.

It allows to insert picture, create bar codes serial numbers for each label and all in all its pretty damn good. Works with a master label plus individual labels at the same time.

Its called Design Pro lite is in both Pc and Mac versions.

I did several trial runs to xps printer and was very impressed with the results.

http://www.avery.co.uk/avery/en_gb/T...tware/Software

The help files are pretty decent.(well I managed to follow them).

Nice one thanks
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

What is the product code for the Avery labels sheet you use?
      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

L7166, I get them from my local wholesaler, there not Avery originals.

I like them because, the hot water in the bottle trick works well with them, they just lift off.

Comment

Last time I checked you can create most labels through the website without having to buy the packages, so long as you have the right sized labels. Good for those with a tight budget ;-)

Comment

I have tried a number of labelling approaches, but I now use the Avery software (free) and these labels:

These are removable labels - they stick very well to the bottle, but peel off easily.

There are bigger labels available but these are fine for me. It gives me enough room for the info which needs to be on the label, and they work out at about 1p each.

It says 'laser' on the pack in large letters, but in smaller type (which you can't see in the photo) it says they are OK for inkjets. Provided your inkjet printer doesn't force the paper to go around sharp corners you should be fine.

The Avery software is pretty clever too. You can print exactly the number of labels you need, and start printing from any label position. This means you don't have to waste a full sheet just to get one or two labels (important for a cheapskate like me )
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Is that the Dennison Design Pro version or the basic Avery, the design one I find great for personalising a batch of bottles for friends. Different comment on each label, in no time flat.

Comment

I think so, yes.
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrosfx View Post
                  Its called Design Pro lite is in both Pc and Mac versions.

http://www.avery.co.uk/avery/en_gb/T...tware/Software

The help files are pretty decent.(well I managed to follow them).
                  An ACE link Pyrosfx. Much obliged and thanks.
                  Like sand thro' your fingers, time slips away........

Comment

I always use MS Powerpoint dead easy

Yamhill.jpg Apple.JPG Blackforrest.JPG

Comment

I use MS Works

Comment

Wow! So many programs to choose from...I guess the blank paper and fountain ink pen is finally oudated! Time to upgrade with some education.....

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                          I have tried a number of labelling approaches, but I now use the Avery software (free) and these labels:

These are removable labels - they stick very well to the bottle, but peel off easily.

There are bigger labels available but these are fine for me. It gives me enough room for the info which needs to be on the label, and they work out at about 1p each.

It says 'laser' on the pack in large letters, but in smaller type (which you can't see in the photo) it says they are OK for inkjets. Provided your inkjet printer doesn't force the paper to go around sharp corners you should be fine.

The Avery software is pretty clever too. You can print exactly the number of labels you need, and start printing from any label position. This means you don't have to waste a full sheet just to get one or two labels (important for a cheapskate like me )
                          Hi
                          Link does not work, anychance you can point me in the right direction. Looking for a lable that will peel easily off after use. Many thanks, Volty

Comment

this should work
                            http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/labels
                            Last edited by lockwood1956; 15-07-2011, 03:10 PM.
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

... and this should work even better ...

Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
                              X