Cider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuco View Post
    thunda Mind if I ask where you got that glass demijohn with the 1 'ear'??
    i just got one of them from wilkinsons on saturday. £4.95 i think it was.

Comment

my 1st ciders been fermenting for 9 days now checked the hydrometer and its at 1.000 had a wee sample and its tasting braw should be ready tomorrow. i take it i just rack and allow to clear now?

Comment

its ok about the racking and clearing , aid already answered it in a earlier post , i think i just sampled to much of the turbo cider, its rather potent.

Comment

This is a pic of my cider, the reading is 1.000 and still fermenting, should i top this up at anytime, if so when and what with ?

Comment

and i forgot the image
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
              i just got one of them from wilkinsons on saturday. £4.95 i think it was.
              Also saw them there they do seem rather "thin" in construction though compared to a normal (old type) D'John.

Comment

top it up with Apple Juice.

Comment

will it ferment ok, i think the fermentation has stopped this morning in the cider so hopefully it will ferment ok when i add the apple juice

Comment

it's still going to have some yeast available for the sugar in the new juice. it'll bubble again.

Comment

ok aid thanks for that i had the same issue with my red wine thats clearing on my other post, was going to top up with red merlot from the shops will it clear ok after being topped up with the merlot.

Comment

Originally posted by plonky View Post
                        Also saw them there they do seem rather "thin" in construction though compared to a normal (old type) D'John.
                        yes your right they are a bit. a lot lighter than normall dj is that a bad thing lo .

Comment

Working...
                        X