No announcement yet.

turbo cider recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cider just finished fermenting today. My g/f said she would rather have it still/flat, should i degas or is this a bad idea with cider?

Comment

Originally posted by thunda_600 View Post
      my cider just finished fermenting today. My g/f said she would rather have it still/flat, should i degas or is this a bad idea with cider?
      Degassing doesn't have any ill effect on cider (or wine that I'm aware of unless you were trying to make a sparkling wine of course)

Comment

ok will do that ive put it in the fridge. only joking. i have put it in the garag that sholde do the trick. thnks.

Comment

well its nice and clear now will bottle it up today in 2lt bottels how much sugar should i put in to each bottle to give it a fizz

Comment

With what ive read it should be 1tsp per litre, i never tried it though i just had mine flat and it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by thunda_600 View Post
              With what ive read it should be 1tsp per litre, i never tried it though i just had mine flat and it was good.
              Last time I was priming bottles, I used about half a tsp per bottle (500ml glass), it did carbonate it but it also wasn't as "fizzy" as commercially produced stuff - which I suspect is just "force carbonated" with CO2.

And you'll also probably get a small amount of sediment in the bottom of the bottles...... just the yeast cells left over from racking and then gourging on the priming sugar.

regards

JtFB
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

How Long does Turbo Cider Keep?

Pretty new to brewing/wine making and completely new to the forum so Hello.

I am quite interested in having a bash at turbo cider but I can't find mention anywhere as to how long it will keep once bottled up, so any ideas?

Also will it improve with a few weeks in the bottle?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X