Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinned Strawberry

Another question from a newbie here

I started a 1gal of tinned strawb wine using 2 tins the same as lockwoods 1st batch, i have it fermenting in a 5 litre fermenting bucket, the bucket has a lid with no hole for an airlock to be attached so i have the lid resting loosely on the bucket. Will this be ok to leave and once it gets to 1.010 strain to a 4.5l dj.

Just for safety's sake I'd cover with a tea towel as well to stop flies etc having access, and I think I'd get it under airlock around the 1030-1040 mark, again just to be on the safe side.
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Thanks

I have a spare gal dj today so i think i will just syphon it there to be safe.

Comment

When it hits 1.020-1.010 what would be the best way to strain it from the 5litre bucket to the dj? My tools at hand are syphon, funnel and a large youngs straining bag.

CAMON THE SCOTS

sorry getting excited about football although we will get beat.

Comment

i drilled a hole in the lid of my 5g bucket so i can fit a bun and air lock to it.
          It works very well tray doing that.

Comment

I will do that for future use jay, i never thought of that.

I still need to get the fermenting pulp strained from the 5 litre bucket into the dj.

Comment

use a funnel and a sieve thats what i do and seems to work for me. let us know how your wine turns out it sounds nice.

Comment

will do jay just opened my last bottle from my callifornia con red merlot kit and its lovely nice little tipple before the football, my gf loves it to.

Comment

Reading was at 1.040 today, i'm heading up perth for 4 days so i had to strain to dj. Its looking lovely though and fermenting like crazy

Comment

Working...
                  X