Will it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it work?

I will soon be making a Blackberry wine and an Elderberry wine. I will have some fruit left over taking up room in the freezer but not enough to make another batch of each so I'm going to mix them together with some other fruit and make my own recipe.

I have Blackberries, Elderberries, Blackcurrents and Blueberries, all are going in in roughley equal proportions, I'm actually making 10lts but it will equal about 4-5lbs of fruit per gallon.

It should be quite full bodied so I'm planning on making it about 14%vol and medium dry.

Can someone more experianced than I please tell me if this sounds good or am I about to have a desaster on my hands. As they say "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Also what acid level do you think I should aim for

Ivan66
    Last edited by Ivan66; 29-03-2009, 10:44 PM.

Sounds good to me... I've got a 1 gallon of blackberry n Elderberry sat here as I type, and early tasing is pretty promising. I used 4.5 lbs of fruit in total for 1 gallon, so go for it mate, and good luck!
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Sounds like a lusheous mix
      Hootus est

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan66 View Post
        It should be quite full bodied so I'm planning on making it about 14%vol and medium dry.

Also what acid level do you think I should aim for

Ivan66

at 14% alc, I would think you need around 9gr/l acid

have I got that right Bob/Karl ? ?
        I wish I was a glow worm
        Cos a glow worm's never glum
        It's hard to be unhappy
        When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

Working...
        X