No announcement yet.

Wine bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've a pub opposite & two more via FC who save for me but as I said mostly screw tops ( I need places that still sell European expensive wines !

But the shrink I need to be efficient would be on the sides rather than the top so if it was able to be tight enough it should exclude more air & if the hole allows breathing anyhow it should be OK. I meant over the srew reuse as extra protection.

I'm not desperate for bottle at the moment, just frustrated that the srew ones have to be recycled instead of reused.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      be careful with that, the glass at the top of a screw top bottle is much thinner, and not designed for it, they may break during corking
      Fingers crossed I've been OK so far, I make sure I am very careful with the hammer!

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        You can re-use the screw caps a couple of times without too many problems.
        Just make sure they are watertight before you lie them on their sides. I speak from experience!

Comment

Isn't that winetight I had tha recently with a plastic bung type stopper not sure why though, neck must have been bigger than normal !

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
            But the shrink I need to be efficient would be on the sides rather than the top so if it was able to be tight enough it should exclude more air & if the hole allows breathing anyhow it should be OK. I meant over the srew reuse as extra protection.
            Would a quick painting of melted parafin wax work?
            Hootus est

Comment

ive used lots of these with corks and have been ok prob 50 or so
              http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
              http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

When I use it, it is candlewax mixed with beeswax. After use, I save it and melt down to use again, and again, and again, it's great but I don't know if it really does any good or if I am just lucky.
                Hootus est

Comment

i get most of my wine bottles from the recycle bin near the pub by the house, i know what time the bin men come and check it every other day when i need bottles, i have done a few deals with wine bars and hotels but they seamed a little miffed when i stopped collecting after 300!!
                  champagne bottle came from a very big birmingham hotel in december the night after one of thier big christmas dinner partys, all it took was two letter one to the manager which was ignored and one to the wine waiter with a £20 note inside, 50 champagne bottles by the next day
                  Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Working...
                  X