Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back into it!!!

'Evnin all'

Well, after what has been a rather long hiatus (mainly due to an unhealthy obsession with brewing beer, and lots of time posting at 'The other place' (Jim's ) i've finally returned to the fold.......and decided that both beer and wine is the way to go.

So, 25lb of Plums have been freshly harvested from the In-laws tree (this is how it all started a couple of years ago and led me to joining WAH), washed, stoned and frozen, not to mention stopping more or less every day on the way home from work to do a bit of 'Hedgerow Scrumping' of blackberries and elderberries!

The other upside is that i now have a rather nice temperature controlled fermentation chamber (old commercial ice-cream freezer coupled to a TC-10). So hopefully this is going to help considerably!!

On another note, i may well try to make it up to Grapefest on the 12th, although i may well not be buying any grapes (if that's ok Bob?). However, i would like to get back into things here, and this seems a great opportunity to do that. I've still got a few bottles of the plum from 2007 that i intend to bring up, along with a couple of bottles of each of my ales (Conniston Bluebird Clone, Guinness Clone, Summer Ale and Black Sheep Bitter clone)

Cheers All

DaveH
    "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
    On another note, i may well try to make it up to Grapefest on the 12th, although i may well not be buying any grapes (if that's ok Bob?).
    Not a problem at all

although you will change your mind once you are here (maybe just take one box...its great fun)
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

wonderful to have you back!

M.
      Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
      Twitter: VirtualWineO
      Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Working...
      X