using a juicer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using a juicer

I have just tried using a general purpose juicer with some apples I hope to make my next batch of wine with. The juice came out very frothy, quite thick and tuned brown immediately. Would this still be suitable to use for my wine. Looks very murky. Sorry if this is a daft question but i'm a bit new at this.

Watch this video (there are another 6 parts...well worth a watch)

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Great. Watched it all Thanks.

Comment

Was it useful?

did you learn from it?
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Sometimes adding a little citric acid solution can stop it turning brown as it's made...

Similar to lightly covering cut apples in lemon juice in school cookery lessons

I'd approximate at a batch of 2 teaspoons of citric acid per 500ml and add between 10ml and 30ml per litre of juice extracted...

Maybe a little overkill but the citric acid will slow, or prevent, the juice turning brown...

Learnt as a "tip" off my school cookery teacher about 15 years ago before starting my GCSE's
          ex ovo omnia
          Chemist, welder, homebrewer

Comment

just like you did a gallon froth on top turned horrible brown, but left for a day with camden tablet. next day had separated, just like video, into froth juice and sediment so syphoned juice off and it was a clear orangy brown. Now making a no1 using pressed apple.
            http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
            http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

The video on u tube was usefull. I shall do as he shows & add a little citric acid as suggested. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X