Anyone tried a mixed fruit wine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried a mixed fruit wine?

I had a lot of fruit that was gonna be getting chucked as a bit past their sell by date so instead of just getting rid of them I'm going to make some wine.

200g mixed berries (Raspberries, Blackberries & Blueberries)
    200g Red Grapes
    2 Pears
    6 Apples
    2L of Red Grape Juice
    1.5L Apple Juice

1tsp Citric Acid, 1.5tsp Pectolase, 1tsp Yeast Nutrient, 1tsp 10% Sodium Met liquid.

Good way to use up old fruit. Might turn out stinking but wanted to try anyway.
    My Website - Backyard.8m.net
    Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

Some of my best wines are made this way, when we turn out the freezer, but some times I cannot repeat them.
    Getting better with age just like wine

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisG View Post
      I had a lot of fruit that was gonna be getting chucked as a bit past their sell by date so instead of just getting rid of them I'm going to make some wine.

200g mixed berries (Raspberries, Blackberries & Blueberries)
      200g Red Grapes
      2 Pears
      6 Apples
      2L of Red Grape Juice
      1.5L Apple Juice

1tsp Citric Acid, 1.5tsp Pectolase, 1tsp Yeast Nutrient, 1tsp 10% Sodium Met liquid.

Good way to use up old fruit. Might turn out stinking but wanted to try anyway.
      Any fruit that is past it's best, I will sort through it, trim off any manky bits, rinse it, put it in a plassy bag, weigh it, mark the bag with the weight and then chuck it in the freezer.

Yes, I'm lucky in that I have a steam juice extractor, but unless I go and pick something specifically to steam extract, then I just wait until I haven't got any more room in the freezer, clear it out and get the juice that way. It saves the hassle of fermenting on the pulp, straining etc etc.

regards

jtfb
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
      X