Moving House and taking wines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving House and taking wines

I'm moving house at the weekend and will need to take the wines with, I assume I just rack and degass them?

.... and only gently seal the DJ's, so that if they degas anymore on the road they'll blow only the seal rather than the DJ? or is that paranoid?
    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulwales View Post
      I'm moving house at the weekend and will need to take the wines with, I assume I just rack and degass them?
      ...and drive VERY carefully!
      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

You could fit safety bungs:

Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

We're also moving in a few weeks - hopefully anyway. I was just planning on putting them in the boot / rear foot-well of the car and, as Lush says, driving very carefully.

But we're only going a couple of miles.

I've also deliberately not started any new ones for a while. Of course that does means that I now have a freezer full of fruit that I need to move!

Comment

I'm only moving a mile away out of my mums house so I'll take one at a time when its convienient.

Thanks

Comment

Mile away should be no problem at all...

I bottled all mine the 400mile trip up here. It did mean not starting any for a while, and sorting lots of bottles out etc.

Good luck with the move!!

Comment

Good luck with the move, the wines will be fine..

Does your new house have a designated wine making area?
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

neat stuff! should we move house i'll be getting a container load of them!

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                  To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                  A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                    Good luck with the move, the wines will be fine..

Does your new house have a designated wine making area?
                    I'm lucky enough to be divorced so the whole of the kitchen is designated ...seriously though the kitchen is bigger than the living room with oil burning Stanley bit like an AGA... tonnes of space on the work surfaces so I've designated some space in the wine making area for plates cups and saucers

Comment

Working...
                    X