No announcement yet.

Plastic topped cork (Wine No1 tutorial)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic topped cork (Wine No1 tutorial)

Hello,

Made Wine No1 about a month ago and its currently clearing with the use of bentonite.

I have a few questions about those plastic topped corks that are used in the tutorial.

- My local homebrew shop told me that using them will oxidise the wine. I dont this this is correct coz surly if you sulphite it the oxidisation will be limited.

- Using these corks, how long can you keep the wine for under this type of seal as I understand they are not as good a seal as normal corks (I could be wrong here?)

- Can you still use shrink wraps (I dont see why not)

Anyway I think thats about it.

Happy Pink Day! Cancer Reasearch day at my work just now.....I have pink socks on! Hehehe
    My Website - Backyard.8m.net
    Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

I have kept wines for 6 months with these and they have been OK, just ensure the bottles are topped up to about 1/2 " below the cork, they will shrink cap OK, but this still wont allow for long term storage, for long term storage I would always recommend correct corks and laying down the bottles.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Thats kinda what i though, but as its Wine No1 it wont be round for 6 months anyway.
      My Website - Backyard.8m.net
      Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

Comment

Funnily enough ive just used these for the first time ever. Although they are new, they were a pig to put on. Im hoping after a couple of uses they might get a bit easier.

Comment

Working...
        X