800 75cl bottles on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 75cl bottles on ebay

just listed pallet of 800 75cl bottles £135 including delivery 17p a bottle.

Has four pallets on offer.

A few to many for me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PALLET-APPROX-...item3ef9c77db8

And they look like they are screw top
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

they are screww top i phoned and asked
      Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

I am going down to cornwall very soon and i will be bringing one or two of these pallets back to the midlands, working on the fact that £65.00 devided by 800 is 8.2 pence each does anyone want a smaller lot that 800 say bags of 100 or 200 or 50's. any takers????
        Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

I usually find that corks don't fit neatly into screw-top bottles - anyone else found that?
          www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

The glass at the neck of screw top bottles is thinner, so you run the risk of them breaking when inserting a cork, you would be better served finding a supplier of screw tops, I use a place in Leeds that does them and they are reasonably priced, but again you need to buy larger quantities.
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Vigo do them...

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

If you phone them they will generaly send you some samples out so you can see if its what you want..

regards
                Bob
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Thanks for that. Will keep it in mind when I lose the tops for my botles
                  www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

thats what me and my two friends are planning on doing when we collect the pallet we want between the three of us , we were going to use screw top closuers

Comment

I've got a load of those bottles from them, they used to run a spring water business but it went bust.

Comment

i think for the price we paid for the bottles and the closuers they were a good buy

Comment

Which caps did you get with them? They gave me silver ones but i can't get the ring at the bottom to catch so it snaps off when you unscrew it.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgerow View Post
                            i think for the price we paid for the bottles and the closuers they were a good buy
                            yes, I'd agree with that Pete, if you had a search here you would have found the rough price I got when I picked up a load of bottles from the bottle merchant in south London earlier this year.........
                            Originally posted by danpug View Post
                            Which caps did you get with them? They gave me silver ones but i can't get the ring at the bottom to catch so it snaps off when you unscrew it.
                            Isn't that what they're supposed to do ? i.e. the cap would normally be spun onto the bottle by machine (can be done by hand) and then it's crimped in place at the bottom to make it "tamper proof".

If you look through brouwlands catalogue you get a guide as to how much a pack of screw caps costs.......but it's the crimping pliers/device that costs the £££££££'s (it's a hand crimper)

regards

jtfb

p.s. and yes, i do wish i'd seen this in time as I'd have bought a pallet of them!
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Thats the problem then, i can't crimp them! Not that it really matters as they seal fine, it'd be nice to be able to do it properly though.

Comment

Working...
                              X