Wine No 1 is great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine No 1 is great!

Just tried Wine No 1 last night and all I can say is that this is a great wine!

It's not crystal clear but the flavour is amazing, gonna get more of this on the go!

44p a bottle, cant complain!
    My Website - Backyard.8m.net
    Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

I was getting a bit of a haze on my wine number 1 until recently. Let it clear until you can read print through it and then add 1ml of Kwik Clear finings. The difference is truly amazing! The wine sparkles in the demijohn and tastes soooo much better drinking it.

Comment

For a simple easy to do wine you cant get better.
      Personally I cant make it quick enough. I tested it at a party the other day and out of 10 people not one sussed out it wasnt a commercial wine.
      Im at risk of running out and my other half has asked me to try some 24 hour yeast to save her going back to shop bought stuff. Ive 25 gallons of it fermenting in the shed, but doing it in bulk takes me ages, especially in the lower temperatures. Currently its taking around 25 days to ferment

Comment

Just got another gallon on the go
        My Website - Backyard.8m.net
        Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

Comment

Originally posted by darrel View Post
          For a simple easy to do wine you cant get better.
          Personally I cant make it quick enough. I tested it at a party the other day and out of 10 people not one sussed out it wasnt a commercial wine.
          Im at risk of running out and my other half has asked me to try some 24 hour yeast to save her going back to shop bought stuff. Ive 25 gallons of it fermenting in the shed, but doing it in bulk takes me ages, especially in the lower temperatures. Currently its taking around 25 days to ferment

heater belt..

Comment

What's 24 hour yeast? I just use Young's GP.

Comment

Originally posted by elleks View Post
              What's 24 hour yeast? I just use Young's GP.
              Don't know what the 24 hour yeast is, other than some of the turbo's that are good for about 3 days.......

Though they're not really aimed at wines per se.

I'd say hit the net and do mail order of a couple of different ones that are aimed a bit more at certain types of wines....

A lot do use Gervin yeasts here abouts, I prefer the Lalvin offerings....

Say something like RC212 for any red wines, 71B for whites, and maybe K1V for a "general" useage (because it will do higher alcohol wines but also it keeps more of the fruit flavours etc, downside is that it sometimes leaves a ferment a bit rough initially but does age beautifully).

Some would also say some EC-1118, but I feel that it does too good a job of stripping away some flavours etc and leaves a clean blandness that you'd expect of a champagne yeast.

Besides if you were worried about stuck ferments etc then the K1V will also suffice for a "restart yeast".......

There is a hell of a lot of different strains out there, though some aren't available in "homebrew sized packages". Hence my liking to keep a few different ones available, sort of "horses for courses" etc, rather than a "one size fits all" way of managing my ferments......

As they say on one of the TV game shows, "the choice is yours"......

regards

jtfb
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

As above really. 24 hour yeast can ferment a gallon in 24 hours, however as said above im not sure what the quality of the remaining wine would be like after it fermenting so quickly. Plus its pretty expensive. However with the possibilty of it producing 6 bottles of wine no 1 and clearing it all within 4 days im tempted just to see what the results are like?

Comment

I am not familiar with the "turbo" yeasts but white wines tend to need a slow fermentation process to get the best out of them. A high alcahol turbo yeast will probably blow most of the flavours out of the airlock.
                  National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Wine No 1... is a kit? a recipe??

JC

Comment

It's a simple recipe found here
                      Discount Home Brew Supplies
                      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

jc- it's a recipe-click search. Very nice crisp white- a bit like a new world sauvignon.

Comment

Originally posted by elleks View Post
                          jc- it's a recipe-click search. Very nice crisp white- a bit like a new world sauvignon.
                          or just change the juice combo to suit......

regards

jtfb
                          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Thanks.

JC

Comment

Working...
                            X