the first of many

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the first of many

i want tho share with you all the great news that i have finished my first craetion of wine and it is now bottled in my cupboard. 6 bottles of blackcherry from a kit and 6 from red grape, raspberry and cherry from Lockwoods tutorial number 1. apple changed to rasp and cherry. They taste ok too, a bit sharp but hopefully will taste even better after leaving them a short while.
    I feel this is a momentus occassion and would like to thank everyone for the bits of advice and help along the way and Lockwood for the tutorial which made all this happen. i have a red grape and apple on the way (tutorial 1) which is taking a bit of time to clear but i have faith. i look forward to making plenty more and picking the berries next year. so thanks for everything and cheers to everyone as i raise my glass

YAY, nice sense of achievement isn't there?
    With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by ukric View Post
      YAY, nice sense of achievement isn't there?
      and it happens every brew!
      Last edited by ms67; 21-11-2009, 03:51 AM.
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

Well done. Now the tricky bit - wait AT LEAST a month before opening one
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          Well done. Now the tricky bit - wait AT LEAST a month before opening one
          sadly, you know he's right! and as you build up a stockpile you can keep pushing that month to 2,3,4 .... well how long is a piece of string! but you do still get that great feeling every time you do a brew
          To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
          A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

how long can they stay bottled for before needed to be drunken. i dont think i will wait that long but its good to know

Comment

Working...
            X