Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crusher View Post
    I have heard that extra sulphite can produce a sediment in the bottle
    definately not, I have however heard of campden tablets producing a haze.....

I always use 10% sulphite solution, then I know im not adding anything I dont want in the wine (campden tablets contain a carrier medium)

if you are going to age your wine longerr than 1 to 1.5 years, add an extra 5ml of 10% solution per gallon at 2nd racking (thats what i do anyway)
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      definately not, I have however heard of campden tablets producing a haze.....

I always use 10% sulphite solution, then I know im not adding anything I dont want in the wine (campden tablets contain a carrier medium)

Sorry to bump an old post but I too have just gone from completely sparkling clear to full on hazey after a campden tablet addition.....

Think I may be switching to 10% solution

Comment

I do remember more than one person, on some forum, reporting a similar problem a while ago (2 years at a guess).

The theory was that it was the bulking agent which was causing the haze.

I think your decision to switch to 10% solution is a wise one.
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          I think your decision to switch to 10% solution is a wise one.
          Just to clarify one last time. I use 5ml of the following solution (I already use this to sanitise kit) http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=1561 in each gallon of wine instead of 1 campden tablet?

Comment

Yep.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
            X