a question about the law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question about the law

hi, i know a number of people who run, or help run charities. I wonder if i can donate bottles of homebrew to be raffled or is this illegal? does anyone know?

ps, sry for posting in this section, didnt know where such a question would find a suitable home (maybe the folks in the suppliers area would know?). anyway please feel free to move this somewhere else if its better placed there.
    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Unfortunately, the laws vary by region.

I think it would be best to contact your local police office. They will be able to give you the right and exact information as it pertains to you.

Comment

against the law in this country ime afraid
      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

thanks folks, innit good to have this forum so you can get a quick and clear answer to such questions. My experience of dealing with the police is extremely variable on getting advice about the law. i was once looking at buying a vehicle and i was concerned that it may have been stolen, so took the registration and went to police to check. they refused to tell me anything except that if it was stolen then it could be taken from me by the authorities! they didnt even say they would look into it.

oh well moan over, and ta for your help peeps
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

Even CJJJJJJJJJJ Berry recommends against doing this kind of thing, in First steps in Winemaking...
          It's not worth it to be honest ....
          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Indeedy

HMRC are not people to be trifled with
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

rest assured, with the second reply i absolutely knew it was a no-go, and even the first reply of checking with police was enough to be honest. it won't happen and i'm very grateful that WaH is here to make such decisions so easy.

Comment

First prize - A lovely glass bottle and cork set. Please note may need 'emptying'.

Comment

lol

love it!
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

her magesties customs are really fical they use a term "for like" ie you cannot use the old barter system, to say you have not been paid for working. Its a load of crap which is why accountants are well paid cause they learn the loopholes. Ime sure there are ways to give a bottle to charity, ime just not willing to try as ime not and accountant,solicitor. police and mps are excluded as they dont know the law anyway
                    http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                    http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

hehe, its a funny thread now. cheers for the chuckles. i'm not going in for any false transactions or other loopholes, its just not worth it. i'd better go now before i start telling funny stories

Comment

Working...
                      X