No announcement yet.

eau de marmite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red grapes - I have done wild yeast - very good. Gervin better.

Last year, as you know I used lalvin and was impressed with the the difference, but I have never done a back to back test to prove it. I only ferment [properly] at harvest so it seems a bit of a waste [to run a ferment on something you believe to be sub standard] I already have the problem that I have drunk most of this years, 'cos it was much better than last. Plans are afoot for a second whole grape ferment ............

Back to nutrients - I get what they are doing, I don't understand how you know one is better than another except on paper - what differences are they making in the finished wine? I am guessing very little.

I think it's all a load of marmite
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Its my insurance policy, it means I don't have troublesome ferments like I used to have.

Some of that is perhaps me becoming more competent, but I always add it these days.

My standard additions at the start of every non-grape ferment are

per Gallon:
      1 tsp Pectolase (2 if using stoned fruit)
      1/2 tsp Vitamon Ultra
      1 tsp Bentonite

And I always use a quality Yeast

This gives me trouble free fermentations, and I never have clearing issues. I am happy to use these products as I don't feel I am messing chemically with my wine too much.
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
      X