Quick Wine Number 2 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Wine Number 2 question

So ive just been to tescos to get the 2litres of Red Grape Juice and 1litre Bluebery Juice needed for wine number 2.

Only problem, no Blueberry Juice in Tescos !! So i got three litres of Red Grape Juice instead, should this be fine ? What really is the purpose of the Blueberry Juice ?

Thanks

the blueberry juice is for colour and flavour....

start the wine using 2 litres grape juice, and leave room to add blueberry juice later.....
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Cheers, will do that

Comment

3 litres grape juice will work, but it wont be as nice
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Just one more thing (sorry but as a bit of a novice i want to get everything just right), does it have to be 100% pure blueberry juice?

having a look on t'internet and cant seem to find any around where i live, most of it (from supermarkets) are from concentrate with water and stabilisers and such added in.

Cheers for your help.

Comment

Bob will answer more fully, but concentrate is okay, as far as I am aware, and you can boil the juice to get rid of preservatives and so forth.
            “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
            Groucho Marx

Comment

Yup made from concentrate is ok
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Thanks for the repsonses, cant wait to get this started

Comment

Can I ask where to get Blueberry juice? None in Asda Abertawe...

Comment

You could try health food stores...

some supermarkets carry cranberry and blueberry juice, this would work also.

regards
                    Bob
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Ikea also do a blueberry soup.....this works quite well too. (it isn't really soup)
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                        Ikea also do a blueberry soup.....this works quite well too. (it isn't really soup)
                        Or if you have access to a steam extractor, you could use that.

Or of course, there's always cold fruit extraction i.e. I'd be thinking along the lines of weighing the blueberry and then using the same weight of water and a campden tablet for say, 24 hours, then I'd add a teaspoon of pectolase as it's very good at helping with juice/flavour extraction as well as sorting out pectin problems......

Then after a couple more days I'd press the pulp to get the last of the flavour etc out.......

regards

jtfb
                        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I did see the mixed cranberry & bluberry juice 'drinks' but they appeared to have other ingredients (eg. not just juice), I was hoping to find bluberry on it's own.

That extraction malarky sounds a bit complex for me.....

Comment

Only problem there John.....is that blueberries fresh are ridiculously expensive
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Quick Google search offerred this:

Maybe that's something you could try...

M.
                              Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
                              Twitter: VirtualWineO
                              Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Working...
                              X